database error

Status
Not open for further replies.

miroadster

Can someone give me direction in why i cant connect to the database? I can log in the main site but freescan and proscan won't connect to the channel database.
Thank you much appreciated.
Mike

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Can someone give me direction in why i cant connect to the database? I can log in the main site but freescan and proscan won't connect to the channel database.
Thank you much appreciated.
Mike

Just tried my copy of Proscan and everything is working OK.

Do you have the latest version of Proscan?

What "specific" error messages are you getting when you try to import from the RR database into Proscan?

miroadster

thank you for the quick reply.. yes newest version. The error is wrong login info or

Thanks for the quick reply.. yes latest version.. i get wrong login info or no intrrnet connection.. strange i can log into the site though

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick reply.. yes latest version.. i get wrong login info or no intrrnet connection.. strange i can log into the site though

I just tried Freescan also, everything works as expected with that as well.

SCPD

QRT
Probably because you are a new user and don't have enough posts. I think a couple more will do it.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I just dont get it. Dont understand why i can log in the site though

Have you been able to import the database into those programs previously, and this is something just happening today?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The forums and database are two separate entities.
I'll move this to the Scanner Programming Software forum since it seems to be an issue with Freescan not the database.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Probably because you are a new user and don't have enough posts. I think a couple more will do it.

Posting count only applies to moderation in the forums and private messaging.

miroadster

Thanks for the reply gentlemen.. even proscan doest login in. Im using the same login as the site also. I am a new user so this problem hasnt happened berore

miroadster

evidently even the support email gets no response... Thanks to the peeps who tried to help. Evidently I made a $15 donation to something i cant use.. WTF !!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
evidently even the support email gets no response... Thanks to the peeps who tried to help. Evidently I made a $15 donation to something i cant use.. WTF !!

More than likely it's a problem with your computer, ISP, modem, router, firewall, or maybe even your virus software. If the programming software, or the Radio Reference database was the problem, these forums would be flooded with complaints by now.

I realize you are logging into the database and the forums via your browser without any problem, but the database downloads to the software use a different protocol to communicate with Radio Reference than your browser does.

Try turning off your firewall when you try a download to the programming software, or try turning off your virus software. See if that gets you through. See if your modem or router are blocking any ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.