Database feature request

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I request that the DB administrators give consideration to color keying the data by system type.

For example, since Harris' signature color is red, show EDACS systems as red on maps.

Motorola proprietary systems, a shade of blue. P25, purple, regardless of vendor. LTR, orange, and so forth.

Of course there are many ways of doing this and it could get confusing, but think about implementing
this in a simple form that doesn't tell you EVERYTHING about the system just by the color, but gives a basic idea of who's using what.

It would, among other things, give you an instant appreciation of which radio vendors have taken which
counties and cities in the never-ending war for contracts.

Certainly you could choose your color keying as well. Make the color keys have different functions.
It could be by frequency band, for example. Color VHF green, UHF blue, 800 red, low band orange,
and 700 purple.

Color key functions: Vendor function, system type, frequency band

kma371

QRT
I think that would be a bit overkill. All trunked systems are listed in each county at the bottom of the page and the type of trunked system is listed as well, so to color code on top of that is a bit much.

QDP2012

Since maps only go down to the county-level, it likely would be difficult if not impossible to clearly show this level of system-detail in the map, especially in highly congested areas, and in areas with multiple and varied systems.

Last edited:

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Colleges

Shouldn't Colleges & Universities be a category?
They seem to be listed all over the place.
Some under higher education.
Some under municipalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.