Database for Avalon Peninsula EDACS is out of date..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHawco

Premium Subscriber
Radio Reference database for Avalon Peninsula, St. John's Newfoundland is out of date. There are new control channels for the EDACS site but I'm not sure of the LCN or the site that the new channel belongs to. How can I find out the right channels for the EDACS site and the LCN?

I only have a Radio Shack pro 164 triple trunking scanner. Thinking about buying a newer scanner but only if I can figure this out or will a new scanner figure it out for me? I'm only new to the hobby, but I can't get enough.. Lol.
Please Help me!

Reconrider

See if the SDR is cheaper for your country.
I know importing things aren't cheap. If you go the scanner route, it might be smart to go with the most 'do it all' scanner, which would be(in my eyes) the SDS100/SDS200. I have the TRX-1 but the SDS100 has a bigger place in my scanning than the TRX-1

AHawco

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDR but only just learning about it and I would still like to get a newer scanner. I'd love to have a SDS100 or200 but way too expensive.. Thinking about a Uniden BCD436HP though.

hfxChris

Database Admin
Radio Reference database for Avalon Peninsula, St. John's Newfoundland is out of date. There are new control channels for the EDACS site but I'm not sure of the LCN or the site that the new channel belongs to. How can I find out the right channels for the EDACS site and the LCN?

I had another look at the frequency you submitted to the database, 160.41, and I was able to find a record on the Industry Canada search, under authorization # 010318437-001, which indicates this frequency is at the Kenmount Hill site.

I'm really not familiar with EDACS though, and I'm not sure what's the best way of going about figuring out EDACS LCNs.

The wiki has a list of software that can decode EDACS: Trunked Radio Decoders - The RadioReference Wiki (under both EDACS and multi-protocol headings), and along with some help from the forums (Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software) hopefully you can figure out exactly what you're hearing. Once you do, feel free to re-submit it to the database, and I'll be sure to add it.

ve1sef

The Pro 163 does cover analog EDACS, you need to program all the frequencies assigned to the site and in the correct order.
Having said that, when I was in St. John's last summer the only RCMP detachment I heard was Belle Island ,
There is a nationwide move by the RCMP to digital encryption, I think the RCN in St. John's uses an EDACS digital format.
Best suggestion I can make is to try a frequency search with you scanner in the 153-165 range, EDCAS voice channels will beep
3 time at the start of transmissions or at least the Newfoundland system does.

Status
Not open for further replies.