Database help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWS49656

I`m trying to setup my first trunk system. I`m working on Indiana. I`m not sure what system to highlite. Also in the frecs section there are red frecs , blue frecs and black ones. Which do I move to ARC396 ? JW

Bill2k

The site you would highlight would be the site closest to you. As an example, if you lived in Elkhart, you would want to use site 213.

JWS49656

I`m not from In. just drive alot there. want to program there trunk systems in my radio
JW

P

ProBob

It looks like my post was deleted, but the reason I asked "what radio you use" was because some of the newer radios only need the red frequencies (Control Channels) programed in them to track the system. You do NOT need to program any of the other ones in. Just the red ones. I see you're using the 396. Program in ONLY the RED ones for the system of which you'd perfer. Like stated above, you're not going to be able to hear the system if your far away from it. In most county systems, you cannot receive the system unless you're in the county. So if your not at that location, you can't hear the users. But I'm sure you know that already. Good luck.

JWS49656

Thanks pro BOB someone else told me I needed the blue ones also . I`m glad I didn`t . I didn`t have enough room for both.If you can tell me how or what I need to fill out. when I put the red ones in do i need to put the names in also?
JW

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
JWS49656 said:
Thanks pro BOB someone else told me I needed the blue ones also . I`m glad I didn`t . I didn`t have enough room for both.If you can tell me how or what I need to fill out. when I put the red ones in do i need to put the names in also?
JW
From the top of all Motorola trunk database pages: Red* are Primary Control Channels, Blue* are alternate control channels

If the site is using the
Blue frequency for Control when you are traveling through, you will miss all traffic on that site. I would give it the name of the site.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ProBob said:
It looks like my post was deleted, but the reason I asked "what radio you use" ...
No, your post was not deleted. It is right here:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?p=316526#post316526

However, this is what happens when people multi-post the same request. Like this site doesn't have enough traffic already. :roll:

BTW, the Administration and Help forum is for site administration, help, and a place to report problems with the site, it is not intended to be the place to ask for help in programming your radio; that is what radio specific forums are for, or maybe the General Scanning forum.

In any case you have your information, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.