Database Maintainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Hunter

Is there somewhere I can send a request to help with database requests? Last I checked there were 250+ submissions. And I would like to help.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
See the bottom of this page: Database Help - The RadioReference Wiki

As far as the number you are shown after making a submission, that can be a bit misleading. What it shows is the total number of open (not yet assigned to a dbamin) and owned (assigned to a dbadmin, but not yet complete) submissions across the entire database. The thing is, except for a handful of "global" dbadmins who are able to maintain the entire database, the majority of dbadmins are assigned to specific areas/regions (i.e. states or provinces, sometimes entire countries).

So while there might currently be 230 pending submissions, I have none in New York State, and thus a submission made in NYS today would be worked rather quickly. In other words, those 230 pending submissions often have no bearing on many areas of the database or individual dbadmins.

It's also worth noting that a good percentage of the submissions that are owned but not yet complete (the bulk of that number of pending submissions) are being held while waiting for additional information before they can be completed. It's less of a "this is how many submissions need to be processed before we can get to yours" as it is just a raw number that doesn't really mean all that much, ultimately.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
That depends on how busy the folks in charge are. It could be tomorrow, or a couple of weeks from now.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Application sent in, what's the average wait time to be approved?
Most submissions I put in are addressed within the same week, though for some reason one submission I put in back in October is still showing as "Assigned". No correspondence to me from the admin requesting further details so unknown what the tie up is, frankly I don't care to bug them about it...

Dark_Hunter

Just an update this is about signing up to be a database helper. It's almost been 2 weeks since I put in my application. Just hoping the email hasn't been lost.

ltginrage

Now the office may be closed due to the current public health situation currently happening. As I sent and email for an application back in mid March and have yet to hear back.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Now the office may be closed due to the current public health situation currently happening. As I sent and email for an application back in mid March and have yet to hear back.
Well then they must have known something that everyone else didn't as it has been nearly 2 years since I inquired.

My guess is that RadioReference probably does not need any more database administrators for most places, but it would have been nice to get a reply letting interested people know.

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
Well then they must have known something that everyone else didn't as it has been nearly 2 years since I inquired.

My guess is that RadioReference probably does not need any more database administrators for most places, but it would have been nice to get a reply letting interested people know.
I submitted an application around 8 months ago and I haven't gotten a response. Surely this can't be the case because the admin for my area (northeast Georgia) is in Ohio. It would make much more sense to assign it to someone of the area that scans the systems they are entering info for.

Status
Not open for further replies.