Database Report Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
It looks like there may be an issue with the report generator for trunked system reports. The reports are returned with multiple listings of the same systems, but for different counties. I tried Motorola, EDACS, and P25 and got the same situation each time.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for looking at this Lindsay. It looked like for a period of time yesterday it was only returning multiples of a system if it was in different states, rather than counties. Now I think it may be back to counties again. It seemed unusual as to the total number of systems a P25 report returned. It made sense when I realized the JNCR system was listed 96 times.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The report returns one row for each System ID assigned to the system, as well as one row per state/province the system is listed in. Where a system has multiple System IDs and is listed in multiple states/provinces, the results are multiplied.

• If a system has one System ID and is listed in two states, you get two rows
  • If a system has two System IDs and is listed in one state, you get two rows
  • If a system has two System IDs and is listed in two states, you get four rows

And so on.

The JNCR is the most extreme example, where you have 12 System IDs x 8 states = 96 rows.

Status
Not open for further replies.