Database Search by Frequency and or License ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFam

Is there a way to search the database for a particular frequency or license ID such as WQWN711 or WRMH670? If so how do I do it?

EDit: Never mind. I found a way after I asked.

If I make a Favorites list on my scanner will it scan a frequency that is not in the database? Thanks, Bob.

Last edited:

BobFam

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to search the database for a particular frequency or license ID such as WQWN711 or WRMH670? If so how do I do it?

EDit: Never mind. I found a way after I asked.

If I make a Favorites list on my scanner will it scan a frequency that is not in the database? Thanks, Bob.
As long as you have it programmed, into a Favorites list, the service type you used is enabled, and the list is set to be monitored, yes, it will scan it. However, if it is in a list that is set to use location control, be sure to enter that data as well. Otherwise, the location would be zero degrees for both latitude & longitude, which would be treated as out of range (0-0 is in the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Africa).
Now that I have found the way to get some of the info like (FCC Callsign WRMH670 (DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & HEALTH CENTER))
how do I get the PL tones? Thanks, Bob.
The FCC site does not assign or track PL tones or any of the other possibilities.

When entering the frequency, you can leave the audio setting as "all", with 'search' on the tone/code field. You might get better results if you programmed the frequency twice. Once as analog audio, and 'search' for the tone or code. The second line would be set to 'digital', again using search.

Looking at the license, they are licensed for NXDN for the three frequencies shown. Unless you have NXDN capability, if they are using that you likely would only hear 'noise' if NXDN was being used.

BobFam

Thanks Steve. I appreciate it.

Where did you find three NXDN frequencies? I got:

As long as you have it programmed, into a Favorites list, the service type you used is enabled, and the list is set to be monitored, yes, it will scan it. However, if it is in a list that is set to use location control, be sure to enter that data as well. Otherwise, the location would be zero degrees for both latitude & longitude, which would be treated as out of range (0-0 is in the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Africa).

The FCC site does not assign or track PL tones or any of the other possibilities.

When entering the frequency, you can leave the audio setting as "all", with 'search' on the tone/code field. You might get better results if you programmed the frequency twice. Once as analog audio, and 'search' for the tone or code. The second line would be set to 'digital', again using search.

Looking at the license, they are licensed for NXDN for the three frequencies shown. Unless you have NXDN capability, if they are using that you likely would only hear 'noise' if NXDN was being used.
Hi Steve. Thanks, I appreciate it.

When I did a search all I get are the multiple frequencies:

FCC Licenses for FRN: 0030775852 (DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & HEALTH CENTER)

EntityCallsignFrequencyUnitsPagCODESvcCityCountyState
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 461.91250 1 0 FB2 IG GLENDALE LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 461.91250 100 0 MO IG LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 461.91250 1 0 FB2 IG LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 461.91250 100 0 MO IG GLENDALE LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 462.20000 1 0 FB2 IG LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 462.20000 100 0 MO IG LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 462.20000 1 0 FB2 IG GLENDALE LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 462.20000 100 0 MO IG GLENDALE LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 462.45000 100 0 MO IG LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 462.45000 1 0 FB2 IG GLENDALE LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 462.45000 100 0 MO IG GLENDALE LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 462.45000 1 0 FB2 IG LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 466.91250 100 0 MO IG LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 466.91250 100 0 MO IG GLENDALE LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 467.20000 100 0 MO IG LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 467.20000 100 0 MO IG GLENDALE LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 467.45000 100 0 MO IG GLENDALE LOS ANGELES CA
DIGNITY HEALTH GLENDALE MEMORIAL & WRMH670 467.45000 100 0 MO IG LOS ANGELES CA

How did you determine that three were NXDN? What service types (Business or hospital for all? Bob.

BobFam

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
The beauty of creating custom programming is that you can decide whatever Tag you wish to use, So long as you know what you decided to use, and have it enabled.

BobFam

The beauty of creating custom programming is that you can decide whatever Tag you wish to use, So long as you know what you decided to use, and have it enabled.
OK. Thanks. I wonder why none of these frequencies are listed in Sentinel as either hospital's or business's for LA County. Many hospitals are listed, but not this one. Bob.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
OK. Thanks. I wonder why none of these frequencies are listed in Sentinel as either hospital's or business's for LA County. Many hospitals are listed, but not this one. Bob.
The RR/Sentinel database is a member driven resource that lists frequencies/talkgroups that have been verified as being in use in their particular areas by listeners such as yourself. Raw info that is published at the FCC database is not automatically added to the RR/Sentinel database, it must be submitted by listeners. If it's not listed there, no one has verified and submitted the info to RR yet.

When someone in your area can verify the system info you are interested in, they/you should submit that info to RR.

BobFam

The RR/Sentinel database is a member driven resource that lists frequencies/talkgroups that have been verified as being in use in their particular areas by listeners such as yourself. Raw info that is published at the FCC database is not automatically added to the RR/Sentinel database, it must be submitted by listeners. If it's not listed there, no one has verified and submitted the info to RR yet.

When someone in your area can verify the system info you are interested in, they/you should submit that info to RR.
Thanks. I did not realize that. I thought the Sentinel database had it all. Bob.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I did not realize that. I thought the Sentinel database had it all. Bob.
The Sentinel database is pulled directly from the RR database every week by Uniden's servers and formatted and processed for use by the Uniden SD card scanners. Uniden then makes the updated database available through Sentinel.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I wonder why none of these frequencies are listed in Sentinel as either hospital's or business's for LA County.
The RR/Sentinel database is a member driven resource that lists frequencies/talkgroups that have been verified as being in use in their particular areas by listeners such as yourself.

If you find that those 3 freqs are working and you make a submission to the database, then in about a week after they should be available in Sentinel.

BobFam

I did not realize that the RRDB was not a full FCC database as stated by the previous posts. My scanner does not have any NXDN or DMR addons yet. Bob.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
FCC data is raw data imported from the US Federal Communications Commission database. Some is confirmed and included in the official RR DB (if certain criteria are met as described below).

As posted above, The official Radio Reference database only contains submitted (confirmed by a user then submitted & approved by a RR DB Admin) information. [If those basic steps are not performed then it remains FCC data only and won't be found in either RR nor Unidens DB]

The Uniden Sentinel DB is imported (usually weekly :rolleyes: ) from the official RR DB & does not contain data that is not Uniden scanner compatible, Also any trunked system without one valid TGID assigned are not included (Unidens' require at least 1 viable TGID in a department in order to be scanned in the full DB), Same for systems that require an LCN and all sites have a 0 LCN value, These are not Uniden compatible unless they have correct LCN's for trunk tracking (even if they have 1 valid TGID).

Status
Not open for further replies.