Database suggestion for state amateur radio page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltginrage

Could a mode column be added for the S/W amateur radio pages? Some repeaters are capable of doing one than more mode and are listen twice in the list without mentioning the mode of the repeater. None of the states, minor islands, Canadian territorys have that column.

RBMTS

Some repeaters are capable of doing one than more mode

I'm not quite sure what you are asking Isaiah. When you say they are capable of more than 1 mode do you mean analog & DMR or maybe analog & P25? No repeater that I am aware of will do multiple modes (DMR, P25, DStar, Fusion, etc) in 1 repeater. It's analog and 1 digital mode.

So not quite sure what you are asking. Also an example of what you are referring to would help.

ltginrage

This is in DeKalb Co, IL amateur radio KA9QPM is supports NXDN and FM.

KA9QPN/R transmits a 131.8 tone and is dual mode: FM and IDAS/NXDN.
FrequencyInput
LicenseTypeTone OutTone InAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
444.42500449.42500KA9QPNBM131.8 PLKA9QPNOpen access, TX site: Sandwich ILFMHam
444.42500449.42500KA9QPNRMKA9QPN NXDNOpen access, TX site: Sandwich ILNXDNHam

Last edited:

RBMTS

You can build a repeater with a MMDVM modem that will do all the digital modes like a hotspot.

I've never actually heard or been on an amateur repeater like that. Sounds interesting.

So Isaiah, back to you. So what exactly are you suggesting? To have only 1 line listed and show both or all modes? Unfortunately RR is designed like that because it would most likely not be able to download correctly or interface properly with the Uniden or Whistler software systems. Currently this method is required to program a conventional channel and a digital mode channel.

ltginrage

So what exactly are you suggesting?
So, in the S/W amateur radio page there is no mode column but on the individual counties page there is a column for it.

To have only 1 line listed and show both or all modes? Unfortunately RR is designed like that because it would most likely not be able to download correctly or interface properly with the Uniden or Whistler software systems. Currently this method is required to program a conventional channel and a digital mode channel.
Ok so it would not be possible?

RBMTS

Ah, got it. The statewide page is more of an overview. The more complete data showing the different modes gets downloaded (say to software packages, Sentinel, EZ-Scan) comes from the county pages. That is why there is more detail on them.

I only help maintain the DB, I can't answer as to what RR might do or would be willing to do. But hopefully the above info will help describe what entries are listed twice and why there is more data in the county listing.

Status
Not open for further replies.