Database - SW Colorado Map Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

seberry

Hi - When it comes to the database, I noticed that some of the site locations are incorrect... Is this too little of a change to bother the DB admins with, or should I submit a change?

Take a look at this picture... this is where the site should be shown vs where it is shown right now. With 800 in the hills, this makes a big difference.

Smelter Mountain 2-023
fY3FP.png

Last edited:

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
If you're looking at the map which shows radius that's used by the scanners for geolocation, it's not really intended to be all that accurate, but just representative of the general coverage area of that particular site. If you're looking for an exact map of where the site is located, it can be found by looking at the FCC call sign for that site where you'll find a similar map.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
If you're looking at the map which shows radius that's used by the scanners for geolocation, it's not really intended to be all that accurate, but just representative of the general coverage area of that particular site. If you're looking for an exact map of where the site is located, it can be found by looking at the FCC call sign for that site where you'll find a similar map.

Common now... If someone is actually kind enough to offer a correction are you actually going to ignore it? (Especially with "It's good enough." as an excuse even though we have recently been finding out that there really can be a big difference for reception a bit more than just now and then'.) {YEEEESH!}

Just a grumpy `Olde Fart's' 2¢ so I expect you'll just tell me to `go take a hike' as usual.

seberry

there really can be a big difference for reception

It's really not a big deal if it's not changed, but when I first came to the area I actually chose the WRONG site to monitor, completely at the fault of this map... I originally chose Missionary Ridge, when Smelter was better reception all along (but was placed in a valley on the map)...

I feel like some people DO use the 'RR Locations' map to find the right sites for their area, and it would help if it was accurate :/

nathancarlson

I have found a lot of them are right on the money. I have used the GPS coordinates in my navigation system to find them before to check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.