Database Update for PPB Dispatch Channels to indicate Encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering why the Oregon/Portland P25 RR DB doesn’t show the PPB Dispatch channels for North, Central, and East as Encrypted? I think it would help alot for newcomers to know....

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Just wondering why the Oregon/Portland P25 RR DB doesn’t show the PPB Dispatch channels for North, Central, and East as Encrypted? I think it would help alot for newcomers to know....
The Radio Reference Database is a "user contributed" resource. If you believe the information you are looking for is not accurate or not available in the database, it means that no one in your area has taken the time to submit the proper information to the database.

If you can verify the changes or the new information yourself, you can make the submissions to this page:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
They appear to have some clear traffic.. De
If confirmed submit the changes here..
The only way things get updated is if users confirm & submit it..

Last edited:

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Learned something new today about how the DB gets updated. I will let those more experienced than I confirm what I’ve already read in other recent posts, and make the accurate DB correction submissions.
Thanks,
ScottPDX

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
For the record, the Portland Police dispatch talk groups are not encrypted. They have moved the dispatch traffic over to the TAC talk groups, which are encrypted. You can occasionally hear some clear traffic on one of the dispatch talk groups, but the beeping that is heard sometimes is a "channel closed" marker to let users know the channel is busy or not in use.

- Chris

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
I think we’re all hoping they will switch back to their unencrypted dispatch channels one day. Hard to believe I’ve been listening to PPB since 1970, through multiple radio technology changes, and with the flip of a switch they’ve utterly vanished from the public airwaves.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
It was planned a long time ago Just not enough time at BTS to implement it fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.