Sentinel: Database updates regularly?

KA9GLW

I haven't updated the Master database in a few months, and Sentinel said my file was current.
I find that hard to believe, but that's why I'm here.
I thought it was changed quite regularly.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I haven't updated the Master database in a few months, and Sentinel said my file was current.
I find that hard to believe, but that's why I'm here.
I thought it was changed quite regularly.

Which scanner are you using?

First, be certain you're using the latest version of the Sentinel Software.... v2.05.03 for the BCDx36HP Sentinel, and v2.03.02 for the Home Patrol Sentinel.

Database updates are available every Monday with a very rare exception when a glitch in the automated process happens (which hasn't happened for quite a while now). I just updated my Sentinel, and Sentinel now shows the latest version as 7/07/2024....

Look in the lower left corner of the Sentinel window (you may have to expand the window to full screen to see it).

Don't forget to "write" from Sentinel to your scanner to get the update into the scanner.

1720984473073.png

Last edited:

KA9GLW

Thanks for some info, that got me going.
I noted that the Sentinel program was updated as my son has installed the update of 7/7/24, but I couldn't read the files in` my SDS100 , and noted in device manager an error in the USB driver being "unknown", so I deleted the program and started fresh, now the driver was working, but I got an error code of 10 in device manager.
My son suggested trying a newer USB cord, and Viola, It;s all fine now