Database Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent time yesterday searching and downloading database information for the Oklahoma City & Norman, OK area. Sat down with my PRO-2050 and started entering talk group ID's so I could finally have some scan lists inside of the trunking bank. Seemed like a great idea at the time.....NOT. Out of 50 ID's that I entered only two worked. After an hour of just scanning and not hearing much I decided to go back into "search" mode and my scanner came alive. I started jotting down ID's as I could identify them and in less than 5 minutes I had 18 ID's.

Who updates the Database here and how often??? I do believe that this is the "Premier" site on the internet for radio and especially scanning information. Oh well, I have to go back to the old addage of what you get for free is probably worth nothing. Guess I'm just disappointed.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Maybe you would have been best to post this in the Oklahoma forum, and you probably could have checked what seems to be an attitude at the door, but if you are programming every talk group ID on a system into your radio, you do need to keep in mind that not all talk groups are active all of the time. And if you are programming a multi-site system into your scanner, not all talk groups are active on each site all of the time.

The database is updated by the users of this site and the updates are worked into the database generally within a day or two of submission, so the database should be current for the information we have. If you come across new talk groups, we would be glad to have you submit what those talk groups are.

Actually I did post in the Oklahoma forum and if it seems I have an attitude then I apoligize. Guess a true viewpoint isn't well accepted. As to the activity, I'm new here but have been actively scanning since 1970 when I was buying crystals for my 10 channel Regency scanner. Before retiring with 30 years of Federal sevice one of my functions was the design and installation of radio systems, both simplex and repeater along with phone patch and data. Again, sorry if you feel my post was anything but accurate.

hfxChris

Database Admin
Again, sorry if you feel my post was anything but accurate.
It was "accurate" - but what you didn't realize is that the information in the database is added and maintained based on submissions from users like you. So please, if you see corrections that need to be made, or new talkgroups or frequencies to be added, submit them! We can't keep it up to date if people don't tell us about stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.