Database updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT22

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
FAIRFIELD COUNTY
Weston: Still shows FD and EMS as a simulcast even though a local monitor confirmed that is not the case

Trumbull: FD is using a VHF frequency discussed here in the forum and it still has not made it to the database months later

Stamford: We know the Volly FD's page on 154.13. Is it really necessary to list it 6 times? How about we list it once or add the PL to the rest of them?

Long Hill: That is Trumbull and should be listed there.

Cos Cob: That is Greenwich and should be listed there.

Sacred Heart University: It's not a town so shouldnt it be listed under businesses or schools?

Western CT State University: It's not a town so shouldnt it be listed under businesses or schools?

Nichols: That is Trumbull and should be listed there.

Rowayton: That is Norwalk and should be listed there.

HARTFORD COUNTY
New Britain: How about a link to the city TRS in the database (near the conventional listing)? See Newington for an example of what I am talking about.

University of Connecticut: Is not a town. It should be listed under schools/education.

Central Connecticut State University: Is not a town. It should be listed under schools/education.

MIDDLESEX COUNTY
Other Fire/EMS (Middlesex County): This would best be grouped under "Countywide" as has been done in other CT counties listings

Connecticut Valley Hospital: It's not a town so shouldnt it be listed under businesses or hospitals?

Connecticut Juvenile Training School: It's not a town so shouldnt it be listed under businesses or hospitals?

Wesleyan University: It's not a town so shouldn't it be listed under schools?

Pratt & Whitney: It's not a town so shouldnt it be listed under businesses

Westfield: Is not a town. It's part of Middletown and should be listed there.

LITCHFIELD COUNTY
Bantam: Isn't this part of the town of Litchfield?

Gaylordsville: This is New Milford and should be listed there

Terryville: This is the town of Plymouth

Lakeville: This is the town of Salisbury

Lime Rock Park should be listed under businesses.

TOLLAND COUNTY
University of Connecticut: This is not a town and should be under education/business

WINDHAM COUNTY
Eastern Connecticut State University: This is not a town and should be under education/business

East Killingly: This isn't a town. This should be listed under the town of Killingly

Danielson: Is a borough of Killingly and should be listed there.

NEW LONDON COUNTY
This is a lost cause... This area of the state stumps me (the whole Mystic, Stonington, 3 different Grotons, etc) and could use some work too. Anyone actully know what the towns/cities are? I found a few things that are off...

Jewett City: Part of the town of Griswold and should be listed there

Quiambaug Fire District: This is part of Stonington and should be listed there

Wequetequuck: This is part of Stonington and should be listed there

Groton Long Point: This is a borough of Groton and should be listed there

Southeastern Connecticut Water Authority: This is not a town its a business and belongs there

Southeastern Area Transportation (SEAT): belongs under businesses

GENERAL NOTES
Understand that these corrections will help newcomers to the hobby and in particular those who use a Home Patrol type device. Let's have some uniformity here. I know there are guidelines that the admins follow but it is not consistent across each county. An example is some counties have a business and education sections.

If we were to list each borough, village, section, etc of each town we will have a nightmare to admin. I think the City/Town concept is best for CT since that's how our government operates.

Do we really need to add so many notes to each database entry? Example "now digital" The mode emission says P25 and their is a NAC... is that no enough? I feel like we are overloading the database with bad info and making it look too busy. Would a better place to discuss the chronological changes to a system be in the Wiki section? This might help alleviate another issue I have seen where info is correct in the database and then someone submits bad info only for another person to submit the correct/verified info again. At least the admin can then refer back and see that there is a problem submitter or question changes appropriately.

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
This is not the proper place to post database updates. Instead, please use the submission form.

One of the biggest problems with the state of CT is that I am one of the most active admins for the state...and I live on Cape Cod in Massachusetts. People that are actually from the state should be actively doing updates. I've seen CT data sit in the queue for weeks before I finally process it. Being so far away I have no idea whether the data submitted is accurate or not.

CT22

Banned
Right.... That is the exact reason why I have posted them here. I have asked to be an admin 4 times with no response.

If I post them here they WILL be seen and hopefully the users who keep submitting bad info will take notice to their corrections.

I'll take your section of CT.

KC1UA

Database Admin
When you asked to be an admin did you do so via this link:

Database Help - The RadioReference Wiki

If not, that's the proper way. If so, I'm not sure why you didn't get a response. I don't have any authority in designating who is a DB Admin, but I am all for local people managing local databases. CT does need a lot of work. When I process CT DB submissions I'm doing so in the blind, having no idea of their accuracy.

Thanks.

CT22

Banned
Yes sir I did.

That got me and everyone who wants good info no where. Now what?

KC1UA

Database Admin
I'm not sure. Maybe try one more time and reference this thread? I'm honestly not sure how they arrive at their decisions to include or not include applicants. What I do know is that it seems a lot of applicants get approved and then disappear.

I don't mind doing the maintenance, but (beating a dead horse here at this point) I can't vouch for any of its accuracy. Let's face it, the database is driven by folks that are hopefully submitting accurate data. That aside and as you have indicated there is a lot of "sprucing up" that needs to be done in CT's database.

Wish I could tell you more.

CT22

Banned
I hear ya on beating a dead horse. I have never had to beg to work for free before...

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I hear ya on beating a dead horse. I have never had to beg to work for free before...

When selecting applicants for DB admin the DB manager looks at all aspects of a member, including forum history. Something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I have started to make the changes that you suggested starting with Fairfield County and will move from county to county. The database does need alot of maintenance and I will try to make it as accurate as possible.

As I was going through the Stamford section I just want to double check do all the Stamford Volly fire companies use the same PL?

FAIRFIELD COUNTY
Weston: Still shows FD and EMS as a simulcast even though a local monitor confirmed that is not the case

Trumbull: FD is using a VHF frequency discussed here in the forum and it still has not made it to the database months later

Stamford: We know the Volly FD's page on 154.13. Is it really necessary to list it 6 times? How about we list it once or add the PL to the rest of them?

Long Hill: That is Trumbull and should be listed there.

Cos Cob: That is Greenwich and should be listed there.

Sacred Heart University: It's not a town so shouldnt it be listed under businesses or schools?

Western CT State University: It's not a town so shouldnt it be listed under businesses or schools?

Nichols: That is Trumbull and should be listed there.

Rowayton: That is Norwalk and should be listed there.

HARTFORD COUNTY
New Britain: How about a link to the city TRS in the database (near the conventional listing)? See Newington for an example of what I am talking about.

University of Connecticut: Is not a town. It should be listed under schools/education.

Central Connecticut State University: Is not a town. It should be listed under schools/education.

MIDDLESEX COUNTY
Other Fire/EMS (Middlesex County): This would best be grouped under "Countywide" as has been done in other CT counties listings

Connecticut Valley Hospital: It's not a town so shouldnt it be listed under businesses or hospitals?

Connecticut Juvenile Training School: It's not a town so shouldnt it be listed under businesses or hospitals?

Wesleyan University: It's not a town so shouldn't it be listed under schools?

Pratt & Whitney: It's not a town so shouldnt it be listed under businesses

Westfield: Is not a town. It's part of Middletown and should be listed there.

LITCHFIELD COUNTY
Bantam: Isn't this part of the town of Litchfield?

Gaylordsville: This is New Milford and should be listed there

Terryville: This is the town of Plymouth

Lakeville: This is the town of Salisbury

Lime Rock Park should be listed under businesses.

TOLLAND COUNTY
University of Connecticut: This is not a town and should be under education/business

WINDHAM COUNTY
Eastern Connecticut State University: This is not a town and should be under education/business

East Killingly: This isn't a town. This should be listed under the town of Killingly

Danielson: Is a borough of Killingly and should be listed there.

NEW LONDON COUNTY
This is a lost cause... This area of the state stumps me (the whole Mystic, Stonington, 3 different Grotons, etc) and could use some work too. Anyone actully know what the towns/cities are? I found a few things that are off...

Jewett City: Part of the town of Griswold and should be listed there

Quiambaug Fire District: This is part of Stonington and should be listed there

Wequetequuck: This is part of Stonington and should be listed there

Groton Long Point: This is a borough of Groton and should be listed there

Southeastern Connecticut Water Authority: This is not a town its a business and belongs there

Southeastern Area Transportation (SEAT): belongs under businesses

GENERAL NOTES
Understand that these corrections will help newcomers to the hobby and in particular those who use a Home Patrol type device. Let's have some uniformity here. I know there are guidelines that the admins follow but it is not consistent across each county. An example is some counties have a business and education sections.

If we were to list each borough, village, section, etc of each town we will have a nightmare to admin. I think the City/Town concept is best for CT since that's how our government operates.

Do we really need to add so many notes to each database entry? Example "now digital" The mode emission says P25 and their is a NAC... is that no enough? I feel like we are overloading the database with bad info and making it look too busy. Would a better place to discuss the chronological changes to a system be in the Wiki section? This might help alleviate another issue I have seen where info is correct in the database and then someone submits bad info only for another person to submit the correct/verified info again. At least the admin can then refer back and see that there is a problem submitter or question changes appropriately.

CT22

Banned
Yes. It's just a patch from the TRS.

Scannerfeak: that's fine with me. I keep the gene pool clean. Take a look at our database and you'll see it needs a little chlorine. I can keep the correct info to myself if you would like?

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I have also asked to be an admin for CT. Filled out all the requested paper work.

I guess if you have 1000 posts they think you know something.

What is the saying....It is better to keep quiet and let people think your a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CT22

Banned
I don't understand why so many people are against having an accurate and consistent database?

It seems like we have daily questions on the same subject over and over (how do I hear CSP?, how do i program?, what the frequency for?, etc). It would be nice if people learned to read a manual, read the Wiki, and search the forum/Internet.

I would like to see more advanced topics discussed but lets clean up what we have first.

I'm not here to hold people's hands and sing kumbaya. Your feathers might get ruffled if you can't formulate a sentence that makes sense. Let's face it. Sometimes you have to learn to help yourself. The best way to learn about RF is experimenting and READING. Maybe even get a ham ticket.

scanningisfun

I don't understand why so many people are against having an accurate and consistent database?

It seems like we have daily questions on the same subject over and over (how do I hear CSP?, how do i program?, what the frequency for?, etc). It would be nice if people learned to read a manual, read the Wiki, and search the forum/Internet.

I would like to see more advanced topics discussed but lets clean up what we have first.

I'm not here to hold people's hands and sing kumbaya. Your feathers might get ruffled if you can't formulate a sentence that makes sense. Let's face it. Sometimes you have to learn to help yourself. The best way to learn about RF is experimenting and READING. Maybe even get a ham ticket.

U Mad Bro?

Attachments

• u mad bro.jpg
    u mad bro.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 6,023

CT22

Banned
I don't get it? Who's mad?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Right.... That is the exact reason why I have posted them here. I have asked to be an admin 4 times with no response.
It's important that you treat all admin/staff on this site with respect before a request gets honored. Maybe you need to review what happened last August/Sept as a possible reason why you aren't getting approved.

Last edited:

CT22

Banned
Yes, I'm not nice.

Clearly you guys feel mighty being a site admin. if that's what makes you happy... I'm sorry.

I'll keep the info I have to myself. It's no loss for me!

Last edited by a moderator:

eclipse175

Anyone criticizing CT22's passionate post regarding his desire to keep the CT database updated should take a deep breath and re-read his text from his point of view. I am behind him. As a system administrator in connecticut I find it very frustrating when things aren't up to date or accurate. While I have my own frequency list that I collaborate with neighboring towns - I often refer to the database here when access to my list is unavailable.

I, along with many others on this forum, don't have the time to commit to being a DB manager. If CT22 is willing to do it let's give him access and get the DB cleaned up. He is clearly very knowledgable and willing to contribute.

We aren't applying to be State Troopers here. If he has had a couple of posts with questionable tone I think they should be taken with a grain of salt. Let's drop the polygraph and extensive FBI background checks and make the guy the CT DB admin.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I, along with many others on this forum, don't have the time to commit to being a DB manager. If CT22 is willing to do it let's give him access and get the DB cleaned up. He is clearly very knowledgable and willing to contribute.

We aren't applying to be State Troopers here. If he has had a couple of posts with questionable tone I think they should be taken with a grain of salt. Let's drop the polygraph and extensive FBI background checks and make the guy the CT DB admin.
All members on these forums are supposed to treat others with respect. CT22 did not and was called out for it by a moderator. He could have handled it maturely but he didn't, he decided to throw profanity at us via PM. DB Admin are required to maintain a respectable image on the forums.

eclipse175

Well that certainly changes the game. I was unaware of those additional facts. Safe to say we can lock this thread now (if we even do that here?)

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
CT22 has repeatedly berated our admin staff and held his perceived information superority over all our heads.

He will never, ever be an administrator on this site, and has been completely banned from participating further in any discussions.

When we have to deal with this type of stuff over and over from the same individual spanning many months, it is time for us to move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.