WS1080: DATABASE UPDATES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknishun

Premium Subscriber
Is Whistler still doing the weekly database updates for EZ Scan?
There hasn't been an update in 2 weeks.

Anyone have the scoop?

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
The EZ SCAN updates are not all that great. You don't always get the updates you want. Better off entering the frequencies you want manually.

Incorrect. You get exactly what’s in the RR database at the end of the week. If it’s not in the database, then it won’t be in the update.

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
I understand what you are saying about EZ Scan updates. It dose benefit a lot of new Whistler scanner users. But I have found at times it misses some info and is only good as the person maintaining the scanning location. I have helped the local admin. with some missing frequencies. We happen to have an excellent site in Scan New England and we always take the local info and build our own files for our area.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
I understand what you are saying about EZ Scan updates. It dose benefit a lot of new Whistler scanner users. But I have found at times it misses some info and is only good as the person maintaining the scanning location. I have helped the local admin. with some missing frequencies. We happen to have an excellent site in Scan New England and we always take the local info and build our own files for our area.

Thats not a EZSCAN issue but a database one. The stuff in EZSCAN is only as good as the info in the RR DB at the time it’s complied. It’s unfair to say the EZSCAN updates aren’t that great as that updates aren’t on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.