Database wrong for Manteca\Ripon(San Joaquin County)????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gusbuster1217

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have noticed in the update for San Joaquin County, for police frequencies(Manteca and Ripon), they're fine but the tone is set to NAC numbers.

When you use the combo of Arc 396 and R.R. database, it was my thought and understanding that with the non-trunked apco 25 signal, that for most radios such as the Uniden 396 you were supposed to leave the ctcss\dcs blank, yet in the import from RR, it puts in the NAC numbers.

I haven't had an opportunity to try it as it is downloaded from RR, but guess I will have to see with my next opportunity.

kma371

QRT
gusbuster1217 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have noticed in the update for San Joaquin County, for police frequencies(Manteca and Ripon), they're fine but the tone is set to NAC numbers.

When you use the combo of Arc 396 and R.R. database, it was my thought and understanding that with the non-trunked apco 25 signal, that for most radios such as the Uniden 396 you were supposed to leave the ctcss\dcs blank, yet in the import from RR, it puts in the NAC numbers.

I haven't had an opportunity to try it as it is downloaded from RR, but guess I will have to see with my next opportunity.

the nacs are for the psr radios, 396 doesnt support nac decoding.

gusbuster1217

kma371 said:
the nacs are for the psr radios, 396 doesnt support nac decoding.

Which is my point. Because there are more radios that doesn't support it and by putting it as the tone, people like me who use arc software(except arc 500 software) to program their radios, by putting the tone\NAC number, it basically screws it up. At least my 396 will decode the apco 25 signal no problem as long as the transmission is not encrypted and I have nothing programed in the tone.

As it was listed before, for the benefit of people who own the psr radios, the NAC number was in the name\title and was available for psr owner's benefit. Maybe another column for NAC numbers would be better for the data base.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
How does it screw-up your radio? Your software should know the difference and not screw-up your programming. If it is then it's the fault of the software and not the database.

Sorry, but the database isn't what needs changing here.

kma371

QRT
gusbuster1217 said:
Which is my point. Because there are more radios that doesn't support it and by putting it as the tone, people like me who use arc software(except arc 500 software) to program their radios, by putting the tone\NAC number, it basically screws it up. At least my 396 will decode the apco 25 signal no problem as long as the transmission is not encrypted and I have nothing programed in the tone.

As it was listed before, for the benefit of people who own the psr radios, the NAC number was in the name\title and was available for psr owner's benefit. Maybe another column for NAC numbers would be better for the data base.

OK, well what about the radios that don't support PL/DCS tones? They could have the same argument.

I see your point, but I think Wayne makes the most valid point. It's the software, not the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.