Dauphin County EMS Med Channel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg1969

I have the frequency (463.025) and the CTCSS (203.5). Does anyone know what the modulation is...FM or NFM?

Thanks!
Dave

P.S. I looked in the database and, unless I'm still asleep, I did not see it...only Med 9.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
I have the frequency (463.025) and the CTCSS (203.5). Does anyone know what the modulation is...FM or NFM?

Thanks!
Dave

P.S. I looked in the database and, unless I'm still asleep, I did not see it...only Med 9.

All MED frequencies should be NFM.

dmg1969

That's what I thought too...all VHF and UHF public safety frequencies need to be NFM. However, Cumberland County Med Channels 1 and 6 still show as FM in the database. I just added the frequency for the ground based Life Lion unit to my portable (463.575) and that is also listed as FM. I am to assume that these are outdated and any VHF or UHF frequency should be modulated as NFM?

I do note that, when I have the Life Lion modulation set to Auto, it does show as NFM on my scanner.

Dave

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Not all listings have been updated. I handle western part of state and just updated some stuff up in Erie county. As of 2013 anything from 136-470 MHz must be narrowbanded. 470 And up is hit or miss. If you are listening in fm and the audio sounds weak and comes in better in NFM then please submit a correction so an admin will update it.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
That's what I thought too...all VHF and UHF public safety frequencies need to be NFM. However, Cumberland County Med Channels 1 and 6 still show as FM in the database. I just added the frequency for the ground based Life Lion unit to my portable (463.575) and that is also listed as FM. I am to assume that these are outdated and any VHF or UHF frequency should be modulated as NFM?

I do note that, when I have the Life Lion modulation set to Auto, it does show as NFM on my scanner.

Dave

The 463.575 repeater isn't even around anymore. Life Lion EMS uses their encrypted private channel on the county TRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.