Dauphin County Public Safety & Dauphin County Fire/EMS DOWN - Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane2016

Premium Subscriber
Hello, could someone tell me why Dauphin County Public Safety went down. It has been down for some time now, but I am wondering why I can no longer find it on my scanner app.

Are they now encrypting these feeds, have they switched the format to BrokenSky, or did the provider drop the stream?

Shane2016

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I can hear fire and ems, now for Dauphin County police. The trunked network (Dauphin County) there was a feed available via Police Scanner App. I am wondering why the steam is not available. If I choose to purchase my own scanner how could I tap on to listen? What is the frequency and other information?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I'd start at the beginning.
You need a digital trunking scanner capable of decoding P25 Phase 1 Signals.
What Scanner is needed to listen to P25?
Once you have a scanner you use the references below to program the scanner.
The Radio Reference Database (United States)
Dauphin County, Pennsylvania (PA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Dauphin County (PA) - The RadioReference Wiki
Dauphin County Trunking System, Steelton, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies
Depending on the scanner you get; there will be software available (either provided with the radio) or purchased separately which enables you to program the radio using a pc.
you can find all this and more out by typing in the search box found on the top right corner of this page.

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
A scanner can't decode encrypted transmissions

And before you ask, No, A scanner can't decode encrypted transmissions (which much of if not all Dauphin County Law Enforcement is) Hence the loss of the police feed on your phone app.

Channels with an E listed under the mode category are usually 100% encrypted.
Dauphin County Trunking System, Steelton, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

It appears that the Primary Police Dispatch Channels are in the clear.

Last edited:

Shane2016

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I see now. I find it very unfortunate primary PD talk groups are now encrypted. Sure, I can hear the dispatch but I cannot hear Swatara PD or other major PDs. I feel citizens should be allowed to tune into whats going on around their community. Sure, unencrpyted radio has downsides but sheesh. Times sure have changed.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I'm with ya, At least you can hear dispatches, If Swatara Police are dispatched on Police Ch. 1 or Police Ch. 2 you could hear something, I'm not in range to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.