Dave Richman's passing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
It with my deepest sympathies to announce the passing of David E. Richman KB2VXL of Haddon Township (RR user name of Plato). Dave was an avid scanner enthusiast and amateur radio operator. Dave was a retired Camden Police officer. His radio knowledge was second to none, and he will be missed.

Dave and I were good friends and we go back many years when I first helped him with programming the very first Uniden trunk tracker. We kept in touch by phone on a weekly basis and I last saw him in June. We used to spend hours over the phone discussing all of the new radio technologies as well as the old days when he worked as a dispatcher for Wildwood PD. We also talked about the local public safety radio systems from the 70's and 80's such as Philadelphia, Camden county, and the Jersey shore. I will miss those long talks.

He's now probably laughing at us all with his scanner monitoring from above!

Rest in peace Dave and God bless.

Joe Cardani

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Although I didn't know the man, it's nice of you to post this information on here.

My condolences Joe, and thank you for sharing this with us.

RIP Dave.

Russell

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Dave Richman

I too like Joe said will miss Camden Dave as we sometimes would call our friend. I got to know Dave through Joe C and we all would talk shop and try to keep up with the ever changing world of our hobby which we all love. Dave like me was in law enforcement for many years and we would chat also about our profession which was also a enjoyment to him. Dave you will be much missed by all your radio buddies and it was a honor to know you and have you as a friend!!

greggk

Premium Subscriber
How kind of you to place his name and bio on the pages of RR. His memory will live long here.

Anytime we lose a Police Officer we must remember that it is the police who make America safe as it is for the rest of us to go about our daily lives.

Dave is in a good place now where all scanners come pre-programmed and there are never any headache-causing issues.

Sorry for your loss. Greg

VancouverScan

RIP Dave

I didn't know Dave but he was blessed to have known the kind of friends he obviously had. In life, you really count friends not toys you leave behind.

If we all had just one or two friend like Joe C and Dave R, we too would be blessed, a rarity in today's world as most of us really are just acquaintances to others, friends are forever.

Thank you for sharing, Dave is smiling down knowing he will never be forgotten by real friends and because of them, all of RR!

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to hear this. I never met Dave in person but we chatted a few times on the radio. The conversations always quickly turned to scanning and public safety monitoring past and present. RIP Dave and condolences to his family and friends.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for your support.

I found out additional information about how he passed and would ask for all of you to please pray for him as much as possible.

thank you

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
I, as others have posted, didn't know Dave;

but reading this thread has given me a general knowledge that he was an honorable person who will be missed by many. RIP Dave
Thanks to you Joe for sharing this saddening news, but letting us know the guy through your friendship and 'philacop's also.
SK KB2VXL

AC2OY

Sad he sounded like a guy that would have been fun to know and talk about radio stuff. Give my centered condolences and may God have mercy on his soul.

CJZappile

JCardani, this is Chris Zappile. This is the first Im hearing of this, if you could message me at cj.zappile@gmail.com when you get a chance. I just had Dave over my house a month or so ago. So sorry to find this out.

Chris

phillydjdan

My sympathies to Dave and his family/friends. I met him before. Hardcore scanner guy! So sad to hear he passed...

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Visitation 10AM - 12:30 PM and Funeral 12:30 PM
Interment at Locustwood Cemetary, Cherry Hill

Blake-Dale Funeral Home
226 West Collings Ave.
Collingswood, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.