Davidson County

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning,

I was listening to Davidson County last night on Viper as they were getting dispatched to several fires and fire alarm activations.

I heard communications assign them to fire ops channels.

Well I have incident 1-3 programmed and never heard anything out of them.

Is there separate fire ops talkgroups that Davidson are using that are not listed in the database.

Please let us know

David

tvengr

Well Known Member
There are 6 fire tac talkgroups (tac 6 thru tac 10 - TGID 15020 thru 15025) on VIPER as well as numerous vhf conventional fireground frequencies for Davidson Co in the database. What model scanner and programming software are you using?

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
There are also 4 700mhz P25 simplex "Direct" channels available across the state (disregard the NAC that should change based on the county):

769.00625M293 NACDIRECT 1Direct 1P25Interop
769.01875M293 NACDIRECT 2Direct 2P25Interop
769.03125M293 NACDIRECT 3Direct 3P25Interop
769.04375M293 NACDIRECT 4Direct 4P25Interop

Zbizzle911

Davidson county is using tac-1 through tac-10 now that they are on the VIPER system.

FB734AAA-6C11-4FCA-B65D-45CBDBFEB819.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

rwkaboose

I'm curious how this document was posted to this site as it is an internal document.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Just a reminder for participants in this thread...

CFP387

Davidson county is using tac-1 through tac-10 now that they are on the VIPER system.

When Rowan is requested as mutual aid with Davidson, they are often asked to switch to "IC1".

What is the difference in the IC talk groups and the regular TAC channels?

What warrants an incident to be assigned an IC channel versus a TAC channel?

Flyham

When Rowan is requested as mutual aid with Davidson, they are often asked to switch to "IC1".

What is the difference in the IC talk groups and the regular TAC channels?

What warrants an incident to be assigned an IC channel versus a TAC channel?

I'd venture a guess that it would be whatever mutual-aid / interop / Memorandum of Understandings agreements are in place between the two comm centers and agencies. In other words; TAC channels probably stay within the county and IC channels are fair-game for surrounding counties/agencies.......
This and $1.49 will get you a cup of coffee at your favorite convenience store.

RF-Burns

I'm curious how this document was posted to this site as it is an internal document.

Pretty darn easy. Someone with the document posted it. Your internal paperwork is only as secure as the people you release it to.

Thank you Sbizzel911 for posting. Radio Templates should be public record, as matter of fact I do believe they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.