Davis Police and Fire now digital

MoparManor

Premium Subscriber
A few weeks ago I noticed an increase in digital noise on my analog scanners. I disregarded it as being related to Chickasaw Recreational Area, Lighthorse, Weights & Measures / Corporation Commission, or an adjacent department making changes. The past 2 weeks the increase was noticed first on Davis Fire and Turner Falls frequencies. Last week during the tornado threat, the sirens were blown separately and frequently but radio traffic was normal. This week there was sparse traffic on the PD side, but now it appears that they are digital as well.
In this week's Davis News, it was reported that the siren problem was due to the change in progress from analog to digital and that the sirens had to be set off with analog walkie talkies. The sirens are reported to be synced up now.

It now appears that my "antiques" will need to be replaced with modern equipment, as the only consistent reception is EMS, with sparse interludes from Sulphur and Murray County.

MoparManor

Premium Subscriber
It now appears that Turner Falls Park (owned and operated by the City of Davis) is now digital as well. Frequency 152.330