Dawson County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have an updated list of Fire/EMS and SO frequencies? Not sure what's up to date and what is old.

DanRollman

Database Admin
I'm not particularly familiar with Dawson County radio operations myself.

However, I missed this a few months ago, but Dawson County has finally posted the RFP to hire a consultant to advise them on procuring a P25 system. See https://vrapp.vendorregistry.com/Bi...79_21 RADIO SYSTEM UPGRADE CONSULTANT.doc.pdf

That's the first significant step toward building out a P25 system. Who knows what they will ultimately do, but the RFP notes the possibility of building a county-owned site that connects to the Cobb core (like Forsyth, Cherokee and Bartow have done).

N8IAA

Does anyone have an updated list of Fire/EMS and SO frequencies? Not sure what's up to date and what is old.

What makes you believe the frequencies listed in the RR database aren't accurate?? Do you even monitor Dawson County? I am listening now, and they are very active.

Just wondering.................

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
What makes you believe the frequencies listed in the RR database aren't accurate?? Do you even monitor Dawson County? I am listening now, and they are very active.

Just wondering.................
Just wondering out of curiosity. May be traveling through the area and see that "at least for FD" that Dispatch is the only channel recognized.

N8IAA

Just wondering out of curiosity. May be traveling through the area and see that "at least for FD" that Dispatch is the only channel recognized.

Recognized by who/what? I can hear them from N. Gwinnett county on my 15X.
The NEW PD dispatch is the one to monitor. The fire/ems frequency, 152.5275, is also active. The FD dispatch (simulcast) is rarely heard.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Recognized by who/what? I can hear them from N. Gwinnett county on my 15X.
The NEW PD dispatch is the one to monitor. The fire/ems frequency, 152.5275, is also active. The FD dispatch (simulcast) is rarely heard.
Sorry hard to word this. I mean identified as for channel usage. ie Dispatch, Tac-1, Suppression, ARFF, etc

N8IAA

Sorry hard to word this. I mean identified as for channel usage. ie Dispatch, Tac-1, Suppression, ARFF, etc

Understand. I just don't monitor them much. SO can be heard, as well as, FD/EMS. They like to sit on State route 400/19 for speeders.
Don't know about the tac freqs.

N8IAA

Understand.
SO and FD can be heard on their narrow band frequencies. No idea what Suppression is, ARFF, etc.. None of that is listed in the RR database.
Just heard SO on their new dispatch, 155.9325 as I type.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Understand.
SO and FD can be heard on their narrow band frequencies. No idea what Suppression is, ARFF, etc.. None of that is listed in the RR database.
Just heard SO on their new dispatch, 155.9325 as I type.
Gotcha

Status
Not open for further replies.