Dayton Hamvention® MegALinK™

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiGiTaLD

Greetings!

Once again this year, K9NZF Systems™ and the Chief Anderson Amateur Radio Club are proud to announce the Dayton Hamvention® MegALinK™ special event wide area voice network for the 2012 Hamvention®. MegALinK™ was conceived as a way to provide FM mobile voice coverage from central Indiana all the way to Dayton, Ohio, and now, in to and on the grounds of the Dayton Hamvention® itself!

After a successful trial run with a mobile simplex node in 2011, the on-site RF system has been upgraded to a stationary UHF VoIP-enabled repeater base station, providing portable coverage at Hara Arena itself, and wide-area connectivity via EchoLink®, IRLP, and RF to the other three MegALinK™ core RF sites in Indiana, as well as any other stations that may wish to connect.

Core Sites participating in the K9NZF Systems™ MegALinK™ are the following:

WA9EOC Repeater
444.675/449.675 Carrier Squelch
EchoLink® N9DEZ-L (Closed - Connection by Permission Only)
IRLP Node 4465 (Primary IRLP Node - Open to All Stations)
Anderson, Indiana
I-70 Coverage from East Indianapolis to approximately IN-3 (I-70 Exit 123 in Indiana)

K9NZF Repeater
443.325/448.325 PL 103.5 Hz
EchoLink® K9NZF-R (Primary EchoLink® Node - Open to All Stations)
Modoc, Indiana
I-70 Coverage from IN-3 (I-70 Exit 123 in Indiana) to approximately I-70 Exit 21 in Ohio

KB9RRN Link
443.325 Simplex Narrowband FM DPL 325
EchoLink® KB9RRN-L (Secondary EchoLink® Node - Open to All Stations)
Greenwood, Indiana
Southwest Indianapolis Metropolitan Area Coverage

K9NZF Dayton Hamvention® MegALinK™ On-Site Repeater
444.675/449.675 PL 131.8 Hz
EchoLink® K9NZF-L (Closed - For Linking & Control Purposes Only)
Dayton, Ohio
HARA Arena & Immediate Coverage Only

The Dayton Hamvention® MegALinK™ On-Site Repeater is intended for portable coverage at the Dayton Hamvention®. It is closed to general amateur use by stations not participating in Dayton Hamvention® activities. All amateurs in route to or who are at the Hamvention® are welcome and encouraged to use the system to communicate with any other amateur on the system.

EchoLink® connectivity is also available to all interested stations, both single-user mode (PCs, tablets, and smart phones) and RF simplex links and repeaters through two EchoLink® nodes and one IRLP node. The primary EchoLink® node for stations wishing to connect is K9NZF-R, EchoLink® node number 443325. The secondary EchoLink® node for stations wishing to connect is KB9RRN-L, EchoLink® node number 541081. IRLP connectivity is available through the WA9EOC Chief Anderson Amateur Radio Club repeater by connecting to IRLP Node 4465.

It is recommended that stations wishing to connect over EchoLink® primarily connect to K9NZF-R (node 443325) as it features higher bandwidth capacity and serves as the hub of the Dayton Hamvention® MegALinK™ system. K9NZF-L will be online as the Dayton Hamvention® MegALinK™ On-Site Repeater, however it will not accept incoming connections in order to preserve all available bandwidth for the VoIP backhaul to the K9NZF Repeater master site. If all connection slots on K9NZF-R (node 443325) are full, please use the backup node, KB9RRN-L (node 541081).

Please make sure your EchoLink® or IRLP node is operating properly before connecting to the system. Stations connecting to the system whose nodes are operating improperly and/or causing unreasonable noise or interference (i.e. carrier-squelch operated repeaters or simplex nodes receiving co-channel or malicious interference) will be disconnected by the system control operators, and if necessary, permanently banned from the system.

Please direct any correspondence about the Dayton Hamvention® MegALinK™ system to megalink@k9nzf.com, or visit our web site at http://www.k9nzf.com. Thank you for your interest, and we hope to hear you on the system!

See you at Dayton Hamvention® 2012!

Legal Stuff: Dayton Hamvention® is a registered trademark of the Dayton Amateur Radio Association. EchoLink® is a registered trademark of Synergenics, LLC. MegALinK™ and KleerKonnect™ are trademarks of K9NZF Systems™ with all rights reserved. Neither Dayton Hamvention® nor the Dayton Amateur Radio Association endorse or sponsor in any way the MegALinK™ system. Neither MegALinK™ nor K9NZF Systems™ are affiliated in any way with Dayton Hamvention® or the Dayton Amateur Radio Association. The MegALinK™ system is provided free of charge by licensed amateur radio operators to promote the hobby and amateur radio communications related to events at the Dayton Hamvention®. The MegALinK™ system is open for use by all properly licensed amateur radio operators subject to the stipulations set forth by the system control operators.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Hey there, i sent you an email on this too, but i thought i`d ask here in case ya don`t happen to see my message :). Just wondering, but will the repeater at Hamvention also transmit a PL? I like to run both PL encode and decode on my radio. Thanx! See you at Dayton. N9NRA

DiGiTaLD

Hey there, i sent you an email on this too, but i thought i`d ask here in case ya don`t happen to see my message :). Just wondering, but will the repeater at Hamvention also transmit a PL? I like to run both PL encode and decode on my radio.
Me too. Yes, it will transmit PL with reverse-burst for squelch tail elimination. Users won't have to listen to noise and intermod from other sources. Not transmitting PL would make it a real pain to listen to. Running carrier squelch at Dayton is like running open squelch.:wink:

Just a reminder to all, Dayton is fast approaching! The system will be on the air and ready to use before the show opens. All licensed amateurs going to Hamvention or interested in talking to hams at Hamvention are welcome and encouraged to participate. A huge amount of work has gone into this and we want to have a good turnout. PCs, smartphones, tablets, and other VoIP nodes (EchoLink and IRLP) are also welcome. We look forward to hearing you on the system!

MegALinK™Hamvention Quick Reference

RF
K9NZF Dayton On-Site Repeater (Portable Coverage at Hara Arena)
444.675 MHz Output (PL 131.8 Hz)
449.675 MHz Input (PL 131.8 Hz)

K9NZF Repeater (Coverage from I-70 Exit 123 in Indiana to I-70 Exit 21 in Ohio)
443.325 MHz Output (PL 103.5 Hz)
448.325 MHz Input (PL 103.5 Hz)

WA9EOC Repeater (Coverage from East Indianapolis to I-70 Exit 123 in Indiana)
444.675 MHz Output (PL 131.8 Hz)
449.675 MHz Input (Carrier Squelch)

KB9RRN Simplex Link (Southwest Indianapolis Metropolitan Area Coverage)
443.325 MHz Simplex Narrowband FM (DPL 325)

EchoLink
K9NZF-R Node 443325 (Primary EchoLink Node for VoIP)
KB9RRN-L Node 541081 (Secondary EchoLink Node for VoIP)

IRLP
Node 4465 (Primary IRLP Node for VoIP)

DiGiTaLD

2013 MegALinK

We are doing the MegALinK again this year! Frequencies for this year are mostly the same as last year except for a minor adjustment to the Indy South Link. We anticipate having the system in operation by Thursday evening, May 16 and operate through the end of the show on Sunday, May 19. Frequencies for this year are:

K9NZF Repeater
Modoc, Indiana
443.325 Repeater Output
448.325 Repeater Input
PL 103.5 Hz
Coverage from IN-3 on I-70 to Dayton

WA9EOC Repeater
Anderson, Indiana
444.675 Repeater Output
449.675 Repeater Input
Carrier Squelch
Coverage from Indianapolis and Anderson Areas to IN-3 on I-70

Indianapolis South Link
443.325 Repeater Output 448.325 Repeater Input
***Currently no local repeat at this site - wide area link only!***
DPL 325
Standard FM Deviation
Coverage in Southwest Indianapolis and Surrounding Areas

Dayton Site
444.675 Repeater Output 449.675 Repeater Input
PL 131.8 Hz
Dayton Hamvention Area Coverage

Please join us again this year! You may also connect to EchoLink Node 443325 K9NZF-R.

DiGiTaLD

2013 VoIP Nodes

2013 K9NZF Systems Dayton Hamvention® MegALinK™ VoIP Nodes
  • Primary EchoLink Node: K9NZF-R - Node 443325
  • Primary IRLP Node: 4465
  • Secondary EchoLink Node: KB9RRN-L - Node 541081

As a reminder, in addition to RF users, we welcome VoIP connections!

DiGiTaLD

Now In Operation!

We are now in operation and will be for the duration of the show. Some changes to the original announcement:

• IRLP connectivity is not available in 2013. The host IRLP node is down and there is no ETA for repair.

If you are at Dayton, listen for us on 444.675/449.675 PL 131.8 Hz!

Status
Not open for further replies.