Dayton HamVention is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8DV

Hey everyone, save your shekels, bucks, dough, pesos, denaro, whatever, for the world's greatest swap and shop. I have been going since 1983, and I never ever get tired of the show. Scanner guys and hams alike, will find the show interesting. There are vendors that do sell scanning equipment, especially AOR. You can put your meat-hooks on some of their neat equipment, stuff you and I would kill to have! Receivers, frequency detectors, etc. It's only a 4 and half hour drive from Detroit, right down I-75. I think most lodging is sold out for the show., although a one day trip to Dayton--actually Hara Arena is in Trotwood, Ohio a 'burb of Dayton--is not all that bad to do if you leave early, you can spend all day outside or inside. The show dates this year are May 15, 16, 17 2008. For more information go to their web site at www.hamvention.org Lord willing, I will be there all three days! I go two days early. Check out my new web site: www.radiofred.wsnw.net I have a page about the HamVention.

SCPD

QRT
Take a bus

N8DV said:
Hey everyone, save your shekels, bucks, dough, pesos, denaro, whatever, for the world's greatest swap and shop. I have been going since 1983, and I never ever get tired of the show. Scanner guys and hams alike, will find the show interesting. There are vendors that do sell scanning equipment, especially AOR. You can put your meat-hooks on some of their neat equipment, stuff you and I would kill to have! Receivers, frequency detectors, etc. It's only a 4 and half hour drive from Detroit, right down I-75. I think most lodging is sold out for the show., although a one day trip to Dayton--actually Hara Arena is in Trotwood, Ohio a 'burb of Dayton--is not all that bad to do if you leave early, you can spend all day outside or inside. The show dates this year are May 15, 16, 17 2008. For more information go to their web site at www.hamvention.org Lord willing, I will be there all three days! I go two days early. Check out my new web site: www.radiofred.wsnw.net I have a page about the HamVention.

Both the Ann Arbor Ham Club (ARROW) and the Toledo Ham Club (TMRA) run a bus from those two cities. Find the ARROW and TMRA on-line for more info. Both will drop you off and pick you up at the front door, and have plenty of room in the cargo bay for all the little goodies you pick up.

N8DV

Hey, it is the Mecca for amateur radio operators. If you attend, then you can die and go to the great radio shack in the sky:)

Status
Not open for further replies.