Dayton Hamvention

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3QRM

Anyone heading down for Hamvention in Dayton? Weather predictions anyone....raincoat and boots or sunblock this year? Or both. Maybe see you there, c'mon Revenue Canada with that tax refund!
VA3QRM

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
VA3QRM said:
Anyone heading down for Hamvention in Dayton?

Yup, yearly obsession for me. This will mark my 20th year at the Hamvention.

It's turned into more of a social event then a fleamarket for me. There's guys I correspond with on a regular basis who I only meet once a year and it's at the Hamvention. Gives us a chance to sit down and have an 807 together.

Will it rain? Probably so. I've seen snow so rain isn't that bad. I've also been down there during tornado warnings. Lots of canopies, awnings and other crap blowing around. At least it kept the smell down.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Mike_Oxlong said:
Yup, yearly obsession for me. This will mark my 20th year at the Hamvention.

It's turned into more of a social event then a fleamarket for me. There's guys I correspond with on a regular basis who I only meet once a year and it's at the Hamvention. Gives us a chance to sit down and have an 807 together.

Will it rain? Probably so. I've seen snow so rain isn't that bad. I've also been down there during tornado warnings. Lots of canopies, awnings and other crap blowing around. At least it kept the smell down.
Hello,

Yeah I remember the tornado warnings a few years ago and that train going by sound. They take Skywarn seriously in Ohio.

I go to Dayton every two or three years. I went last year, so maybe next year. I would like to meet Mike and other Canadian board users next year. I assume it is a quick drive down the 401 and then I-75 for hams in Ontario.

I am going to Nearfest in Deerfield, NH instead of Dayton. I see some Quebec and one or two Ontario plates there.

I may go to the Carp Hamfest this year. I usually attend the Montreal South Shore Hamfest in October, visit my Montreal friends, and dx some HydroQuebec smartzone sites.

73 Eric

VA3QRM

perspiration.......

Mike_Oxlong said:
At least it kept the smell down.
Ah the smells of Hamvention.....good times Mike! Always fun to see the old saying coming to life in the flea market: " One man's trash is another's treasure..."! Is there a Yaesu FT DX-9000 on the shopping list?

hoser147

EricCottrell said:
Hello,

Yeah I remember the tornado warnings a few years ago and that train going by sound. They take Skywarn seriously in Ohio.

73 Eric
Ya they do. With having a couple of pretty good sized towns nearly wiped off the map is the biggest thing about it. Hopefully that wont happen. haven't had a bunch of rain yet this year so it probably will happen............Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.