Dayton MARCS vs Montgomery County MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne0564

Just wondering the people who monitor Dayton Vs Montgomery Frequencies, I have several sds 200's and one 100. in Xenia, hear some traffic on Montgomery Frequencies but nothing on Dayton, is that the case or am I too far out, have two outside antennas. any suggestions.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Just wondering the people who monitor Dayton Vs Montgomery Frequencies, I have several sds 200's and one 100. in Xenia, hear some traffic on Montgomery Frequencies but nothing on Dayton, is that the case or am I too far out, have two outside antennas. any suggestions.

The Montgomery County site is the county simulcast and hosts public safety and government services for Montgomery County, Dayton and the suburbs. The Dayton site is a single site which handles mostly state agencies, state prisons, etc.

dwayne0564

So the Dayton Frequencies, are basically mute, for Dayton PD traffic and just use the Montgomery Freq. seems like the sds 200 will not lock on a certain talk group, from Dayton etc, i.e Airport, East side, West side

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
dwayne,

I monitor Montgomery County (from Preble County) with an SDS100...

Tom is correct - the Montgomery County site is the simulcast site for the County, and is the one to monitor for most all County services traffic.

The Dayton site churns out just the Prisons' traffic, some OSP stuff, etc...

TomLine

Butler is simliar. County broadcasts all groups. For fire and ambulance I have to turn off local city police and fire or I hear them twice.

dwayne0564

So having Dayton Programmed, more or less is waste, just use the Montgomery site, not like the old days where Dayton had their own and the County had the rest, but I seem to not be getting all the traffic sometimes with Montgomery's simulcast.

sopranosno1

Just use the 853.600 control channel. I hear some osp on montgomery county and dayton prison on 54626. Interop. For the most part the dayton site would be a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.