Dayton, Ohio, Phase I issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne0564

Hello, does anyone know if the new database is downloaded for Uniden, or for Whistler.software programs, for the Dayton, Ohio or Montgomery County area.

Thanks

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Hello, does anyone know if the new database is downloaded for Uniden, or for Whistler.software programs, for the Dayton, Ohio or Montgomery County area.

The database is updated weekly by each. Uniden usually does their database pull on Sunday night, not sure of the time frame for Whistler.

dwayne0564

upgrade with sytem

Dayton, went to the Motorola II Smartnet, is there a trick to programming it? , with a BCD 436hp and a whistler 1080, looks like they went to the 700mhz band, I am also about 15 miles out, any suggestions. Tried manually to change it on the Uniden software, still no reception, suggestions, Also, will a Home patrol I and a GRE receive , suggestions,

Thanks

sopranosno1

Montgomery county, dayton, etc... went to the marcs ip system. Control channel is 853.600 p25. Been this way since oct 18,19,20..

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Dayton, went to the Motorola II Smartnet, is there a trick to programming it? , with a BCD 436hp and a whistler 1080, looks like they went to the 700mhz band, I am also about 15 miles out, any suggestions. Tried manually to change it on the Uniden software, still no reception, suggestions, Also, will a Home patrol I and a GRE receive , suggestions,

Thanks
Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

There is no 700 band, they use 760-870 MHz. and it is Project 25 Phase I, not Motorola II. You may need to update the database in your 436. Click on the link above to see the system.

dwayne0564

I did change it to that control channel 853,600 have updated database, I have a Whistler 1080 too, Still getting nothing, I'm about 15 miles out, never had a issue before, do they run the freq. on FM or NFM?

dwayne0564

Have updated the database, when you use the Sentinel software, still uses the 851 mhz, on up, not the 712mhz like on radio reference, have manually programmed the freq. from Radio reference, to sentinel
and still no signal, tried the 853.600 no answer there either

budevans

Have updated the database, when you use the Sentinel software, still uses the 851 mhz, on up, not the 712mhz like on radio reference, have manually programmed the freq. from Radio reference, to sentinel

Here's what's currently listed in the MARCS-IP Database for Dayton. Tower location: 3901 Guthrie Road.

772.85625 773.13125 773.48125 774.05625 774.55625a 774.83125c 853.750 855.2125 856.2125

Have you tried using 774.83125 and 774.55625 as the CC's?

sopranosno1

That is a different ip system. Mainly state users. Montgomery county dayton is on the county ip system.maybe someone else can chime in here on the different ip sites and who uses what towers. Also if you can make it come to the monix north meeting nov 12 at 6pm middletown donatos.

budevans

dwayne0564,

I took a look at both the MARCS-IP database and the current Sentinel database. There are several issues with both.

As sopranosno1 pointed out, there are two MARCS-IP Sites in Montgomery County. One is the Montgomery County Site, which is a 8 or 9 tower Simulcast Site covering the entire county. Next there is a Dayton site which is a one tower site. It covers the city of Dayton and area of up to 15 miles.

One problem is, the current MARCS-IP RR Database has just one TG listing for Montgomery County. There's no way to know what traffic is on each site.

Next the Sentinel database program still has the old Dayton Moto Type II info listed. Plus it also has just the MACRS-IP Montgomery County Site information posted. Note: it looks like some of the old Dayton City freq's are in use on the MARCS-IP Montgomery Site listing.

Bottom line, if you try to monitor using the Uniden Sentinel Zip Code method, you are going to have problems.

Right now, sopranosno1's suggestion of going to the monix meeting, sounds like the best way to go. Over time, both the RR MARCS-IP Database TG listing and the Sentinel Database will get sorted out (more clearly defined).

I believe the best option for now would be to ask the monix folks to help you setup Favorites Lists for both MARCS-IP Montgomery County and MARCS-IP Dayton.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Bud - Keep looking there are many Law TG's for Montgomery Count (but 1 for Montgomery in Hamilton co_

Start at this line
Montgomery County (57) Law Enforcement Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif
\ Icounted 14 or more

dwayne0564

Got it to work on the HP1 but no luck so far in 436, also, on the h1 I got signals last night nothing today, I know their broadcasting, got it on the internet, I'm about 15 miles out, right on the edge, but picking up clark, and Clinton, should be a problem, I just wonder if there is another channel their broadcasting on, thats not on the current download list, even turned down the squelch,

phask

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the full DB? If so what is your range setting? The sites have a range of 15 or 15.7. You would need to see if that covers your range.

FWIW- if not already - use a favorite list.

dwayne0564

I am using a Favorite list, although, I can receive some broadcasts, with my whistler, 1080, but it seems like the 436 and the HP1 are having issues, I think I am right at the 15 range, but I had no problem receiving their signal before they changed over

Status
Not open for further replies.