Dayton or not? Hamvention vs. Hamcation

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1ic

Premium Subscriber
Dayton or not? Hamvention vs. Hamcation

I have been to Dayton Dayton Hamvention 2014 - Makers... The Future of Ham Radio many times and due to the fact that I live in Florida now I end up going to Orlando HamCation Orlando HamCation® just become of the convince for me. I was just listening to a few people driving home on Dstar and started to think about why I didn’t go.

Dayton was also great because there was a new announcement of radio, great meetups with friends I have not seen in a while and I keep wondering why, is it cost. Is it just because I get the same deals in Orlando or is it because it lost its appeal?

The rest of my question:

Dayton or not? Hamvention vs. Hamcation | NickToday Blog

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
What new radio was announced at Dayton this year?

n1ic

Premium Subscriber
What new radio was announced at Dayton this year?

There wasn't that is my point in the past there always seemed to be a new radio or some new announcement that was coming to Dayton. I haven't been in a while so I'm not sure if they stopped doing this, but I remember that was one of the cool reasons to go.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I have observed that the Japanese amateur radio manufacturers seem more inclined to introduce new products at the Tokyo Hamfair in August rather than at the Dayton Hamvention. That has taken some of the interest away from Dayton...at least for me. I used to go to Dayton so I could visit the manufacturers booths and see what's new, but I haven't attended the last three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.