DB Submission question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka2ing

I am trying to submit a new frequency and it was rejected for missing information. This system WILL NOT allow me to update any of the fields in the submittal from the link tat was sent by GTR8000

ka2ing

this was the reply from GTR8000 "Insufficient info to process submission. At the minimum you need to provide the frequency, and PL/DPL for analog channels, or NAC for P25 channels. You may respond to this note by following the link in the notification email." and when i follow the email link it shows me the thread but does not allow me to edit it. I tried submitting a new one and it was rejected for not responding to the link. No wonder RR database is so out of date

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You may respond to this note by following the link in the notification email." and when i follow the email link it shows me the thread but does not allow me to edit it. I tried submitting a new one and it was rejected for not responding to the link. No wonder RR database is so out of date

You add a note at the bottom, it's really pretty easy if you take a minute to ask/learn the process.

Screenshot 2020-09-18 18.52.46 (2).png

ka2ing

well hopefully i will figure out the correct format that they are looking for and i will send in some updates for my area. been listining to scanners since the early 70's

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Try submitting it like this...(if you know the PL code in use add that in the Tone column)...I believe @GTR8000 would accept this type of submission

FrequencyInput
LicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
453.6000458.6000WPJW691203.5Philipsbrg PDDispatchFMLE Dispatch

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
You'll need to include the frequency and tone (if used, or specify CSQ) the next time, and reply promptly to any admins request for additional details. Submitting an FCC license callsign alone would not help an admin much.

Including the frequency and tone indicates that you at least did some homework and verified it's actually in use prior to hitting submit.

Take a look at any RR DB Page and note the info that is presented for each listing, try to include as many of those details as possible in your new submissions..
there are two frequencies listed on that license, Is it 2 simplex channels, or a Repeater with an input? Only a person who plugged those in and are within range would know these details..

You could try to PM the Admin and include the info that was requested (Include the submission number), and explain your new and learning how this stuff works.. They have the ability to re-open a closed ticket, They are generally humane/understanding folks, most days.. ;)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@ka2ing also, be sure this is actually the PD using the frequencies, and not FIRE. If you look at the Licensee Contact on the Main page of the FCC database page it says the contact person is the Fire Chief, and no where does it say police department. Again, something that shows you actually heard the freqs in use. BTW it doesn't hurt to say on the submission, "Monitored by me using my XXXX scanner and usage confirmed"

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I tried submitting a new one and it was rejected for not responding to the link. No wonder RR database is so out of date
No, that's not what happened. If you're going to criticize our process publicly, you should make sure to give everyone here the complete picture.

You made three submissions in total.

The first was correctly rejected by @W2SJW because it contained no usable information whatsoever. No frequency, no PL/DPL, no license, nada:
this is either Warren county Police dispatch or Phillipsburg police dispatch

Your second submission likewise was incomplete, not specifying the frequency and PL/DPL you monitored. As you noted, I left a message on that submission advising you what info we needed, and left the submission open for you to reply to:
WPJW691 Radio Service PW - Public Safety Pool, Conventional Phillipsburg Police dispatch

Less than an hour later, and while the previous submission was still open, you created a third submission:
(453.600 out /458.600 in) CTCSS 203.5 analog repeater WPJW691 Radio Service PW - Public Safety Pool, Conventional Phillipsburg Police dispatch

Phillipsburg, NJ 08865 USA Coordinates: 40° 41' 38.7" N, 75° 10' 51.3" W

FRN: 0003288115

It was only at that point that I rejected/closed the second submission with the reason of: User created a new submission instead of replying to note

So no, the latest submission was not rejected and in fact remains open. I was going to work it tonight, but after reading @N1GAW's post where he noticed that the license has the Fire Chief as the contact, not the Police Dept...I'm inclined to wait for some further verification that this is a PD channel and not FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.