DB4SWDX

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

I have always had an interest in computer programming, recently I have combined this with my hobby of radio dxing to create my own custom radio loggings database, this is called DB4SWDX (Database for Shortwave DXing).

This database allows you to enter and then search your loggings of shortwave stations, this can be easily modified for Mediumwave or FM DXing loggings.

This program is written in Just Basic, it is fully self contained in it's own folder and does not require any other software to work. I have added a couple of "nice to have features":
- The database file is encrypted so that other programs can not access / damage it.
- The database is automatically backed up each day, the backup files live in the "Backups" Folder.
- When entering new data the previous entries data is set as the default, this makes data entry easier and faster as only the data that is changed needs to be entered.
- When undertaking a search, the search results are saved in the "Reports" folder for easier access / posting to websites or forums.

More details and the download link can be found here: vkpc7pb: Software - DB4SWDX

Status
Not open for further replies.