DC adapter for PRO-2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchman

Need some help. I have a mint PRO-2006 that has popping noise when receiving AM air band traffic as well as a hum from the internal power transformer. It has been sitting idle for a while. FM receiving is fine. I am looking for the proper DC adapter for it as I want to use it to monitor civil and mil air traffic.

Thanks.

I am looking for the proper DC adapter for it

Try these:

moonbounce

What ever adapter you buy check it's voltage output before you stick it in the 2006. I had my 2006 running off an adapter that was labeled 12V adapter 900 ma. One day it decided not to work, after spending a lot of time trying to figure out what was wrong I decided to check the voltage of the adapter, turned out to be an 18V adapter even though the label on it said 12V. Don't know what it burnt out but the 13.8 volt line in does not work anymore.

patchman

Thanks for the replies. I was using the telescoping antenna and was getting the popping sound. I put an antenna on the BNC connector and copied aircraft clear with no popping. May have been signal strength. Still want to run it off of DC power.

fineshot1

Just about any wallwart dc adapter that provides 13.8VDC @ about 1 to 1.5A should work well.
The Pro2030 current requirement is 1/2 an amp and the 2006 should be in approx the same range.

Status
Not open for further replies.