DC Fire and EMS tac channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Towerdriver

Premium Subscriber
If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it.

I have been listening to DC Fire and EMS but can only pick up the 01 Dispatch and 02 Main channels. My understanding was that I should also be able to pick up 03 and 07 tac channels. I must not have my Home Patrol set up correctly.

I have searched, and will continue to do so, but I do not understand everything I am reading and how it relates to my problem. I will be stuck in my vehicle most of next week in DC and would like to hear the tac channels if at all possible.

I assume that have some channels locked out, but it is not easy for me to figure out.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dave

troymail

Silent Key
Just a shot in the dark but *maybe* you don't have all of the service types enabled?

Dispatch and Main are "Fire Dispatch"

03 INC 10 and 07 INC 20 are "Fire-Tac"

Last edited:

Towerdriver

Premium Subscriber
Yessir, both enabled. I am seeing 03 Fireground 3 TGID 1648 and 07 Fireground 7 TGID 1712 but those are both in Project 16. I was under the impression DC was using Project 25 for Fire/EMS and I don't see ANY tac channels in there, just 01 Disp and 02 Main.

troymail

Silent Key
Yessir, both enabled. I am seeing 03 Fireground 3 TGID 1648 and 07 Fireground 7 TGID 1712 but those are both in Project 16. I was under the impression DC was using Project 25 for Fire/EMS and I don't see ANY tac channels in there, just 01 Disp and 02 Main.

:confused:

Project 16? Is that system still turned on?

I believe this is the system you want to be listening to...

District of Columbia Trunking System, District of Columbia, District of Columbia - Scanner Frequencies

Towerdriver

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the link, I have saved that. So the channels I am looking for are 03 INC 10 and 07 INC 20. I can't find those listed anywhere to add them to my scanner list.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
They're listed right below Dispatch and Ops..

Towerdriver

Premium Subscriber
I am talking about in the Home Patrol database. I don't know how to find them in there. They are not listed in Project 25 with Disp and Ops, etc.

Sorry I forgot that this is not a Home Patrol site, it is for all scanners. I guess I need someone with experience with Home Patrol and Sentinel.

Towerdriver

Premium Subscriber
So here is the thing. Last time I was into this type of thing it was as simple as find the number, type it in, and hit scan. So all this digital trunking, etc. is new to me. Somehow I have to "download" the channels, I can't just type them in. So I am having a hard time understanding how to find 02, 03, and 07. I am downloading a most recent HP database updates now hopefully they'll be in there..

I also didn't realize the HP Sentinel database and the RR database arent the same?

Towerdriver

Premium Subscriber
Disregard everything I posted and call me a dumb@ss. While I was typing my last post I was also downloading the most recent sentinel database update. Now all the channels I was looking for are there. I should have done the update before posting, please forgive a rookie. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.