DC Fire not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

command_z

Premium Subscriber
Hello DC scanners:

I'm stumped. I have a fresh version of Win96 and a Pro-96 Scanner.

I'm doing a web import, through RR, of the DC EMS and Fire System.

I get it all loaded up and imported into the scanner... but can't hear any Fire or EMS. But I can hear it from a live streaming website.

Is there a trick to the RR Web Import that I'm missing?

Thanks!!!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And according to our database, every freq has a 5 in the 4th decimal - so no crazy firmware fixes or tables should be needed. Just a bit of reprogramming...best regards...Mike

[edit] By the way has anyone submitted the new control channel to the team yet?

Last edited:

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
@gesucks, Yea, found that out this morning, got some bad info yesterday! None of PG radios are working now on DC.

John-
That's just DC's way to get even with PG for going 700MHz!

FYI: Any Uniden owner that has a radio capable of rebanding (with firmware updated) just has to add 856.1875 to the existing control channels (or replace all of them with that one CC) and everything works fine for DCFD and unencrypted MPDC on 800MHz system. The 460MHz system is unaffected by rebanding.

Thanks to whoever got that change into the database so quickly yesterday. I was able to add it to my 396T on the fly heading into DC yesterday afternoon.

JK :)

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hmmm, I updated our PSR-500 which provides the DC Fire Feed and I'm still not able to track the system.

I added the 856.1875 control channel, changed the trunking tables to "Custom" and selected the "800 MHz rebanded" trunking tables but no such luck in tracking the system.

The radio appears to be decoding the control channel just fine but not decoding the conversations ? :(

dc_vince

DCFD rebanding

I found all the new frequencies in the FCC database (see KNJA391)

On my Pro-106 and 197 deleted all eight 852.xxxxx and replaced with the new freqs. I did NOT select "800 MHz rebanded" and left it as is. Works just fine here.

the_expatriate

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm, I updated our PSR-500 which provides the DC Fire Feed and I'm still not able to track the system.

I added the 856.1875 control channel, changed the trunking tables to "Custom" and selected the "800 MHz rebanded" trunking tables but no such luck in tracking the system.

The radio appears to be decoding the control channel just fine but not decoding the conversations ? :(

I just updated my psr 500 using download from the RR database and WIN 500 as the software and everything seems to be working fine for receiving DC FD and EMS.

Good luck.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Lindsay, I would try it without making it look like a rebanded system - with all the freqs having a 5 in the 4th decimal position, you shouldn't need to use a different bandplan...best regards Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.