DC Metro / Baltimore flybys of Thunderbirds/Blue Angels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Initial reports suggest it will happen on Saturday May 2 sometime. We have a record of past Blue Angels and Thunderbird freqs used during the old Joint Services Open House that used to occur at Joint Base Andrews here...

Baltimore users should probably keep an ear on BWI and Martin State for coordination. All the airports and TRACON frequencies are in the database.

Mike

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Check this thread for schedule

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It's not going to be announced until tomorrow, so don't bother looking now.....Mike

Schedule is already released and in the Military Times, it is the route not being released until tomorrow. But, hey, feel free to wait.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are in the area, you would likely scan both - and the freqs are already showing up. There's reports of CAP activity on the Huntress freq of 260.9 and activity on 228.9 (AM of course) via scan-dc...Mike

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you are in the area, you would likely scan both - and the freqs are already showing up. There's reports of CAP activity on the Huntress freq of 260.9 and activity on 228.9 (AM of course) via scan-dc...Mike

Actually the reports of Huntress and CAP activity are related to the Camp David visit, not the flyover.

fredva

Feed Provider
So I'm curious did the use the same frequencies??

If you look at some of Saturday's postings from the Mid-Atlantic MilAir thread linked above, several of the frequencies used were logged. I programmed in most of the air show frequencies as well as some tanker frequencies that had been identified during the NYC flyover and I was listening to a good deal of traffic.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Some Nice videos of the DC/Baltimore flyover (compliments of DVIDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.