DC Police District Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvellabill

This is probably the wrong place to submit this but I can't find the right place:
In the map of District of Columbia police districts, the correct dividing line between the sixth and seventh dristricts is Pennsylvia Avenue. It has been that way since I walked that beat in the old Eleventh Precinct which is now the seventh district. arvellabill

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Post Split Off and Moved

I moved your post from the thread where you posted it as that thread deals with the Database Map and errors therein.

You are point out an error on a map linked from the RR Wiki. The DC Police District map you think is in error is in fact provided by the Metro Police. I think that it probably is accurate. It is possible that the district line you remember has been moved, especially when you consider Pennsylvania Ave. is no longer a through street.

ResQguy

Meh
Bill, there is a 6D1 substation at Penna & 27th St SE these days, that's probably why the district is larger than you remember.

Lou, are you saying the closure of the 1600 block of Pennsylvania Ave NW 5 miles west on the other side of the Anacostia River somehow affects the 6th and 7th Districts? I have to say, Pennsylvania Ave SE is the most unobstructed road in the city, as it starts at the Capitol Building and continues east to the Chesapeake Bay.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
No, I was just saying maybe, looking for any reason. I don't live there and to be honest have only been through Washington about 3 times in my adult life. But as I said, the map is from the Metro Police, so I would guess it is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.