DC Police encryption updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

northscan23

What is the current status on the DC PD encrypting their radio traffic. I know there was a firestorm from the media. Chief Lanier said a few channels would stay open. Any updates?

vinzep491

I passed thru just before the new year and everything but maybe one channel seemed ENC.

That was just my findings, maybe the locals can provide more info.

kc4jgc

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T459/T459UVIA1 NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

In my observations, the only talk group I've heard in the clear has been 16624, alpha tagged as 1-16/2-16 CW-1, as pre-programmed on my Pro 106. It's a citywide tg. When I've been in range, I've heard nothing remarkable.

m4a3t

The DCFD is still unencrypted at this point except for some executive talk groups. MPD's Citywide 1 talk group is mainly used for the dispatch of assignments for Crime Scene Search and occasionally SOD K9 units.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
The DCFD is still unencrypted at this point except for some executive talk groups. MPD's Citywide 1 talk group is mainly used for the dispatch of assignments for Crime Scene Search and occasionally SOD K9 units.

OK great, at least there will still be something to listen to besides the parks and federal stuff when I make my visit.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.