DCFD Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS8

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring DCFD for some time with no problems until about a week ago.
Now I receive absolutely nothing. Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on with the system?
I double checked frequencies and talkgroups.

Thanks in advance

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
I would triple check your information. Make sure you haven't locked out a control channel or a scanlist. Nothing will be changing in the region until rebanding.

RS8

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback.I checked everything and it is correct.However it has been working all day but
now I can't pickup again.
Could it have something to do with the towers they use.I live in Northern Virginia and I believe the closest tower is at Sibley Hospital.
Very strange what is happening.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
Squelch adjustment should have no effect on this system if you are in range. Have you tried re-entering the system from scratch?

RS8

Premium Subscriber
It is now working fine with a little squelch adjustment. The range for the DCFD system is seven miles supposedly. I am 30 miles outfrom communications center.
Anyhow thanks for the input.
Be safe.

cpetraglia

DC Police

I am also having problems with the MPD. I used to hear all districts non stop. For the past few days 95% is the city wide group. I have a psr500, a very good signal and use the RR Database to program the scanner.
Has something changed or are they possibly having some major technical issues.
Any help appreciated.

Chuck

RS8

Premium Subscriber
DCPD issue

I am not aware of any issues with MPD communications. Could it possibly the amount of power being put out? Or maybe they are using a minimum amount of towers.On the database it shows tower locations.
Good luck getting it to work.
Since I adjusted the squelch DCFD has been coming in good and we are 30 miles at least from Unified Communications.

m4a3t

I am also having problems with the MPD. I used to hear all districts non stop. For the past few days 95% is the city wide group. I have a psr500, a very good signal and use the RR Database to program the scanner.
Has something changed or are they possibly having some major technical issues.
Any help appreciated.

Chuck

Don't know where you've been for the past three months, but MPD has encrypted all it's dispatch channels and most of it's tactical channels. It's been an ongoing topic for discussion. Look at some of the older post on this forum.
Start here:http://forums.radioreference.com/wa...ussion-forum/213040-listen-while-you-can.html

m4a3t

OK, will this stop the scanner from hitting on the talkgroups anyway? Thats what I see happening.

Thanks

I'm also running a PSR-500. On some federal encrypted conventional channels and trunked talkgroups, I get a scrambled voice. On MPD and some others local systems, the scanner does not stop on encrypted talkgroups. A search of the forums or the wiki will reveal the reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.