DCSO,ECSO- Lone Tree, Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Wouldn't be a terrible idea. You might as well spend some time with some Elbert County stuff and set 512 as Law Tac and 515 as Fire Tac seeing as they are no longer used for actual dispatches (and seeing that this topic was originally about Elbert County :wink:). It might also be a good idea to match the descriptions of 515, 516, 519, and 520 since they're all being used for the same purpose, as well as sorting it so it lists Ops-1, 2, 3, and 4 in the correct order to prevent any confusion. They basically follow after Douglas County now.

Last edited:

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Since I don't listen to the Elbert Co FD stuff, what should the descriptions read on the ops 1-4?

Spitfire8520

I think either "Elbert County Fire Departments Operations-X" or the shorter "Elbert County Fire Operations-X" will both work. It's up to you. I actually don't monitor Elbert County a whole lot, I just ended up noting their name changes when the Elbert County moved dispatch centers.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Do the rural departments use only the 3-4 ops channels as the DB shows it now?

Spitfire8520

Do the rural departments use only the 3-4 ops channels as the DB shows it now?

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure on that specific detail. I know that the old description was left over from before they switched dispatch centers. I've heard Agate and Simla Fire (far East and South in "rural" Elbert) assigned Ops-4 whenever they have a call and Elizabeth normally gets Ops-1, but I don't know if that's intentionally due to dispatch policy or not. I also only occasionally got Elbert TGs as the closest tower I could get was Franktown and they don't always affiliate with that tower.

MikeyB

I also think that if we are starting to add tags like this it would be useful to list the fire department dispatched on the county fire channels. Especially for a county like Douglas where probably 75% of the population lives in the South Metro (Parker, Lone Tree), West Metro (Roxborough) or Littleton (Highlands Ranch) fire districts, which aren't dispatched on the Douglas County fire channel, it would useful to list which ones are: Castle Rock, Jackson 105, Larkspur, Franktown. For Elbert County it is more self-explanatory because all of the districts are dispatched on the Douglas County fire channel, but it still might be useful to list them - Agate, Elizabeth, Elbert, Simla, North Central, Kiowa, Rattlesnake like they are currently listed for TG 515.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Thanks for the ideas! I'll work with Greenthumb to figure out what we should do with the database and adding any additional tags. I need to focus on studying and not the database ;-)

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
It get's pretty confusing I wonder if most know the fire station in Roxbourgh Park for example is West Metro but South Metro and Littleton also have close by stations and West Douglas is volunteer, mostly BLS so get's help from South Metro 39's on most all calls and Jackson 105 normally get's ALS and transport from Castle Rock on medical calls.

Jim<

Spitfire8520

It get's pretty confusing I wonder if most know the fire station in Roxbourgh Park for example is West Metro but South Metro and Littleton also have close by stations and West Douglas is volunteer, mostly BLS so get's help from South Metro 39's on most all calls and Jackson 105 normally get's ALS and transport from Castle Rock on medical calls.

Jim<

Interestingly enough (for myself), I actually do know all of that! I guess that's a little reality check for myself telling me that I know a lot of frivolous information about fire districts around me without too much of a practical use for that knowledge! I'm pretty much the oddball for the above statement! :D

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
And of the departments I mentioned there all dispatched by someone different, Jackson 105 = Douglas County, West Douglas = South Metro, Roxbourgh Park = West Metro and Cunningham for an odd ball = Littleton dispatch.

Jim<

rfburns

What is the difference between the two CTCSS's (127.3 and 146.2) on 151.115?

Spitfire8520

One is for the eastern county and one is for the western and is based on the different repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.