DE 800 system fire response question

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

I tried a search, but didn't find anything, so I'm posting here. I see in the database for the State 800 system (specifically New Castle County Fire), there is a dispatch channel, then Tac 3, Tac 4, etc. There is no Tac 1 or Tac 2? Also, I see a bunch of individual company channels, are these the channels all operations are on? Are these the designated response/on-scene channels? I need some guidance as to how the fire channel structure works and what each channel is used for. Thanks in advance!

CommJunkie

I think Dispatch is or used to be considered Tac 1. Not sure where Tac 2 went.

Tac 3 is the county wide response and operations channel. Additional incidents will use the other channels, usually starting with Tac 4, then Tac 5, etc.
EMSOP1 is the primary medical channel.
The company channels are talkgroups for the company's internal or "private" communications. Not a waste of space in the scanner, but not usually busy enough to listen to or even interesting enough.

phillydjdan

Ok great. Thanks for the info. I don't get down to DE that much, but wanted to get my radio setup for it. I figured the company channels were private channels, but the missing Tac 2 & 3 threw me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.