DE Trunked System???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillQuinn

Hi. I'm about to get PSR-500. I intend on putting the DE Public Safety System in there. I have some questions.

1. What is the DE Transit Corp? What talkgroups should i put into the scanner? Should i put any of them in?

2. What about the DOC? What's the difference between the Bureau of Prisons and Dept of Corrections? What talkgroups should i put in for Corrections?

3. What about DelDOT? What talkgroups are used in NCCo for DelDOT. Such as constructions crews, salting, etc?

4. Forestry? Whats the difference between N-FOREST and N-PARKS?

5. What NCCo fire talkgroups should i put in? Should i Put in all of the TAC talkgroups.

6. Do the Elsmere, Newport, Newark and New Castle City Police dispatch on their own talkgroups?

7. Whats the Sheriff do? should i put in N-SHERIF?

8. LAST QUESTION!! NCCPD talkgroups. Should i put in all of the TAC and Dispatch talkgroups? And the DE State Police in NCCo, Do they dispatch on N-CMD? What do they use N-DATA for?

THANKS SO MUCH!!! :)

hai_akeeba

1. Delaware Transit Corp. - DART Buses (public bus service), Para-Transit buses

2. Department of Corrections is Delaware's terminology for Bureau of Prisons

3. Anything marked N- under Dept of Transportation. They are seperated into area yards.

4. N-FOREST & N-PARKS are divisions within Dept. of Natural Resources.

5. At least N-DISP and TAC-1 through TAC8

6. Elsmere and New Castle City , N-DISP1; Newport, N-CMD; Newark, N-NWRK

7. New Castle County Sheriff serves court summons, and some prisoner transports between courts.

8. N-DATA if for license checks and wanted checks.

doctordave

Hai,

For NCC FD, you referenced TAC 1-8....have we now identified a TAC 1 and TAC 2? Also, on a related note, has Kent Co FD established a TAC 2 or 3 yet?

Roach112683

For NCC Tac 1 and 2 r generally used by State Police and the TAC 3 and the others r generally used for FDs and such. I have them all in my Pro-96 and I always hear DSP running Rdar on TAC 1 and 2 up there so that answers that question for you guys.

hai_akeeba

In new Castle County:
DSP = CMD, Tac - 1-2-3-4-Data, etc. these are independent of Fire Board.

NCC PD = Disp. 1-2, Tac 1-2-3-4- Data-C etc. independent of State Police and Fire Board.

Fire Board= Disp. Tac 3-4-5-6-7-8, EMSOP 1,2,3 SW etc. Fully independent of State Police and NCCPD.

Item #5 is message # 2 was a typo

Last edited:

Roach112683

Hmm ok my mistake then. I just have like 8 tac channels and it seems like 1 and 2 were DSP and the others were fireboard but I'll have to check again. Sorry for any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.