Dead Airwaves in Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Well that would seal the deal. I kind of doubt a significant number would quit. Blue flue? Maybe, but they better have a doctors note.

My guess is they are more concerned over their lives at this point. Getting shot to death or going to prison for life for doing your job outweighs a doctor's note.

And calls are coming in all over Atlanta right now.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
"Random Cops walking off" is job abandonment. If they do that, they could be fired without any recourse, especially if this is not a union sanctioned action. If they walk off, it would seem they are a big part of the problem.
it all depends on how much BS officers are willing to endure, at what point do you reach the breaking point and being fired doesn't matter anymore, especially if there is crap leadership which is often the case

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
ok just hear it official on Zone 6 - they are not answering 911 calls due to personnel issues, someone is advising oncoming shift to stay in uniform and go to their POV's for something, Zone 6 looks to be definitely walking off

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
looks like the precinct is about to be overrun, its gonna be nasty, they are putting people in their POVs because the Precinct looks to be attacked

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
POV=Privately Owned Vehicle - also at 0106 dispatch advised all officers to collect all belongings from all precincts

Atlgirl404

Zone 6, “the creepers in the alley are masked up and in what looks like #antifa garb.”
Zone 6 dispatch, “if you have any personal belongings or things of value get it out now.”
Zone 6, dispatch and police just said protesters are headed to a pricinct and it's only him and one other guy. Also, another cop just said, "we are NOT taking 911 calls now, reach out to other counties," dispatch replied, " they're strapped too." 12:57 am EST.
This is being reported as direct quotes fro
Zone 6 on scanner. Any truth?

Pawtaps

Premium Subscriber
POV=Privately Owned Vehicle - also at 0106 dispatch advised all officers to collect all belongings from all precincts

Thank you for updates, are you local on a scanner? I don't hear didly on the broadcastify stuff.

bb911

Any updates? I've only heard one 5 word (combined) transmission between 2 men in about the last 30 mins, and I don't tink they were LEOs.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
If by chance another agency were to go help out, would they continue operating on their own system or would they switch over to APD or something else? Just curious how that works. I can’t pick up APD from my house but can hear some of Fulton County.

They would use their own system, gear, and procedures they are familiar with. A crisis isn't a good time to learn new radios, new dispatchers, new dispatch procedures, and a new beat all at the same time.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
"Random Cops walking off" is job abandonment. If they do that, they could be fired without any recourse, especially if this is not a union sanctioned action. If they walk off, it would seem they are a big part of the problem.

Well, you can easily sanction one employee who doesn't call in or who shows up and does nothing unless another employee is in a life or death struggle. How do you do that to 50, 60 or more percent of the agency?

Jurisdictions may differ, but one day of refusing to work, calling out, etc. is not "job abandonment" in my area. It takes a minimum of three days and that isn't as easy to implement as it sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.