Deaf bcd536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman1974

Hi guys,im over in the uk and having problems with what seems to be a deaf 536 on dmr the scanner has had the dmr part enabled and i am running firmware1,11,20 if i place it into search mode and tx on a dmr radio its not getting me at all, i then tried close call it got me for the whole of one second and then would not pick me up again despite changing channels on my motorola,i then placed it side by side to my whistler trx/1 and the whistler never missed anything,, any ideas what i could be doing wrong,,the scanner has been rerset so its like new again and still nothing when i search,if i go into analogue mode,close call gets me fine etc,soon as i go digital its deaf...i also ran a search today before i reset my scanner, vhf was fine,,left it for 6 hours on uhf and nothing,,ive even change to a new aerial,squelch is set to 2... i am at a loss as to what to do next. cheers guys

Ubbe

Program a DMR channel as a standard conventional channel and set digital wait time to 0 and treshold to manually 8.
When you monitor that channel and a DMR transmission starts you should briefly hear the datasignal
before it mutes and the display shows the DMR parameters and hopefully also decode the audio.

/Ubbe

racingfan360

radioman1974 - good advice from Ubbe. Also, make sure modulation is set to FM (not NFM). Just to confirm, you do need the Digital Threshold set to be Manual not Automatic, and manually set to 8.

The BCDx36HP series isn't very good on DMR simplex, although UHF is much better than VHF after FW 1.11.20 was released. The Whistler is significantly better on DMR Simplex than the Uniden. Do not expect the Uniden to close call on DMR simplex: the frame is too short for close call to work (see http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-tech-support/345226-close-call-dmr.html ) you've clearly been lucky to get any hits at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.