Deaf Pro 2067 or not??

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgun1986

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a used Pro 2067 (for my basement shack) a week ago online, and have yet been able to get it to pick up anything after trying several things for days now. Ad stated that the unit worked fine, which at this point I will assume it does and I am just not programming it correctly.

- I have tried the feedline from another working scanner and nothing.
- I have tried scanning just the SEARCH bands with no luck.
- I am using Win92 to program, which uploads fine. I hit manual after Win92 uploads and I can go through
the channels on the scanner, which all seem to be programmed correctly. My frequencies are there,
my alpha tags are correct.
- I have even tried a different set of frequencies closer to my location. Nothing.
It seems to power on and go through the motions properly, it just will not stop on anything. I believe I had read somewhere days ago, that others have had this problem. Hopefully it is just an easy fix with Win 92 that I am missing.

I was unsure if this forum or the scanner programming software forum was the correct one, so I apologize if I am in wrong place.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried the weather bands to see if it picks that up

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
I purchased a used Pro 2067 (for my basement shack) a week ago online, and have yet been able to get it to pick up anything after trying several things for days now. Ad stated that the unit worked fine, which at this point I will assume it does and I am just not programming it correctly.

- I have tried the feedline from another working scanner and nothing.
- I have tried scanning just the SEARCH bands with no luck.
- I am using Win92 to program, which uploads fine. I hit manual after Win92 uploads and I can go through
the channels on the scanner, which all seem to be programmed correctly. My frequencies are there,
my alpha tags are correct.
- I have even tried a different set of frequencies closer to my location. Nothing.
It seems to power on and go through the motions properly, it just will not stop on anything. I believe I had read somewhere days ago, that others have had this problem. Hopefully it is just an easy fix with Win 92 that I am missing.

I was unsure if this forum or the scanner programming software forum was the correct one, so I apologize if I am in wrong place.

I had one that had terrible receive and basically was a piece of junk. There was a design flaw or defect with this model but I can't remember what exactly the problem was. A modification to the squelch control was put out to fix receiving issues and I remember doing it but it did not help. Do a search on it and give it a try if your able to. I should have returned it but back in the day when I purchased it, just never had the time and the return window ended.

I still have mine and should hook it back up and check it out. If it works, might use it for a discriminator tap to feed DSD but it's days are over.

topgun1986

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it picks up the weather bands OK. In the SEARCH mode, it will also stop and pick up some civil air frequencies.

Also, when I set it to the PUBLIC SAFETY band in the SEARCH mode, it will stop and pick up one of the frequencies I programmed into one of my scan banks, but when I go to SCAN mode, it will not stop on that same frequency or any other frequencies.

I have even changed out the wall wart power supply it came with. Still no luck.
I think I will forget Win 92 for now and try to program in a few frequencies manually and see if that does anything.

typesix

Are the banks in Open Mode? The scanner will receive all transmissions. In Closed Mode, the radio will only receive when a preset ID code is transmitted. If there is no code, the radio will also not receive the transmission. This is from page 32 of owner's manual.

scma127

Premium Subscriber
deaf pro-2067 or not

i have the same scanner pro 2067 im using windows 7 is that ok and what type of interface cable are you using usb are serial port i canot upload to my scanner using win92 it a good radio

topgun1986

Premium Subscriber
Typesix, I have one bank of local frequencies with the CLOSED box checked, and a second bank of local frequencies with CLOSED box unchecked. All of the frequencies are programmed with their corresponding PL/DPL tone. The scanner will not stop on either bank. I have even tried checking and unchecking the UNUSED box option in each row. Programming manually did me no good either. Bummed because I had big plans for a couple more of these radios. Surely it is just something easy I am overlooking.

scma127, my programming cable is the same one I use to program my Radio Shack Pro 106 & Pro 163. It is the USB scanner/ PC Interface Cable, Catalog # 20-047. Using Win92, I had to go to the "configurations" tab in my top toolbar, and change my serial port to #4. Since then, the cable has worked great. It is nice being able to have one cable ready to plug into any of my 3 scanners and program as needed.

topgun1986

Premium Subscriber
Could it have something to do with the frequency steps for the 150 - 160 MHz range I am trying to receive?

As far as I know, Win92 does not give you the option to change/set your KHz steps. They have to be changed manually I believe. I am not sure how that could effect it's receive capability but thought it was worth asking.

typesix

Could try doing a reset/intializing as stated on page 52 of owner's manual. Yahoo has PRO-2067 and PRO-92 Groups that may be able to help you, the PRO-92 handheld scanner is similar to the 2067, may find info on that unit.
The frequency steps will not have anything to do with the reception since you are programming in the exact frequencies.

topgun1986

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the tip. I will try and reset it the next time I get to my shack. I hope it is something simple. For the price, this radio has all the specs & features I need for a setup I am working on.

topgun1986

Premium Subscriber
Fixed it!

I recently noticed the BNC antenna connector on rear of radio was a little wobbly, so I finally had a chance this weekend to take apart to investigate. Sure enough, the center pin of the connector broke loose from its solder joint on the circuit board. I assume it broke loose during shipping since the previous seller stated it worked fine.

Soldered the center pin back to where she belonged and now it works great! An internal connection being broke was the first thing that crossed my mind when I initially thought it was just deaf but I dismissed it. Lesson learned.

Thanks to everyone for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.