• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Dealer Recommendation For Hytera PD782

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
As posted above, I am giving some thought to a Hytera PD782. Can anybody here recommend a good dealer?

RayAir

As posted above, I am giving some thought to a Hytera PD782. Can anybody here recommend a good dealer?

I've dealt with this guy when buying some upgrade licenses for my PD782's. He is pretty good:
Home

You can also try buying from a reputable reseller on a popular auction site.

A new 782 with warranty and support will probably run $675.

A used 782 in good shape can be found for $300-$350, no warranty.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Hytera

I have three Hytera radios,and one was a first generation model brought NOS. When I needed to update the firmware, I had trouble finding a dealer who would help me. I finally found service at sales@taradios.com. Due to the my radio being first generation, they had to replace a chip before applying new firmware. The PD782 is a great radio, and the FPP is great for correcting or adding a frequency.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I've dealt with this guy when buying some upgrade licenses for my PD782's. He is pretty good:
Home

You can also try buying from a reputable reseller on a popular auction site.

A new 782 with warranty and support will probably run $675.

A used 782 in good shape can be found for $300-$350, no warranty.

I worked with that same dealer when i needed my PD782G and PD682G firmware to be updated. Since i didnt buy the radios from him i had to pay to have the firmware updated but i thought it was a fair and reasonable price. I will also give him first consideration when i need to get more Hytera radios or accessories.

RayAir

Yep.

The guy sent me some firmware upgrades so I could bring them (PD782's) in line with my XPR line up regarding Enhanced Privacy.

He was courteous and seemed competent so I ordered the advanced licenses from him.
Those orders are placed, sent to China, sent back to the dealer and finally to you. I took 2 or 3 days.

I haven't upgraded to the latest cps and firmware.
Likely I won't. All the added features seemed to do with XPT systems which I'm not running.

Impressed with the 782. It doesn't have as hot of a receive as an xpr 7550, but I feel it is built tougher and has more user desired functions.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I reached out to him earlier in the week to get the 25khz feature enabled in the radio and he can do it but it requires me to send in the radios to him. I was hoping it was like the Moto that when you get the entitlement key the radios then open up.
Still doing a bit more research on how Hytera handles that feature.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I reached out to him earlier in the week to get the 25khz feature enabled in the radio and he can do it but it requires me to send in the radios to him. I was hoping it was like the Moto that when you get the entitlement key the radios then open up.
Still doing a bit more research on how Hytera handles that feature.

From what I understand the radio has to be read/written via CPS using an authorized dealer key to unlock wideband (or something to that effect). They don't just send you an entitlement like Moto does, which is a little weird. Guess they didn't want to get into the whole licensing of keys to CPS etc etc.

Terry from TTG is very active in the Hytera Yahoo radio groups and comes 100% recommended.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Ill need to get more info.
So once i send it off and it comes back and i read/write with my software is it still wide band enabled?
I had some Moto Trbo radios that i got that had wide band enabled but as soon as i read and wrote back to them on my computer that ability was lost since my computer was not entitled as per motorola.
Hopefully Hytera does it differently. I have a feeling once its enabled then it sticks with the radio.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That's my understanding of how it works. Email Terry from his business page there and I'm sure he'll explain it all to you.

N4KVE

Ill need to get more info.
So once i send it off and it comes back and i read/write with my software is it still wide band enabled?
I had some Moto Trbo radios that i got that had wide band enabled but as soon as i read and wrote back to them on my computer that ability was lost since my computer was not entitled as per motorola.
Hopefully Hytera does it differently. I have a feeling once its enabled then it sticks with the radio.
With Moto, the particular computer is wide band enabled, not the radio. So whatever radio that computer with the EID programs, can be wide band. Program that same radio on another computer that does not have the EID, & it's narrow band only. With Hytera, once the radio is "unlocked" with a wide band key, any computer with Hytera CPS can program wide band freq's in the radio.

paladin5150

From what I understand the radio has to be read/written via CPS using an authorized dealer key to unlock wideband (or something to that effect). They don't just send you an entitlement like Moto does, which is a little weird. Guess they didn't want to get into the whole licensing of keys to CPS etc etc.

Terry from TTG is very active in the Hytera Yahoo radio groups and comes 100% recommended.

I second that. Terry is excellent to deal with!

N4KVE

I like the Hytera way better. The radio is unlocked once, & any CPS will allow wide band, vs Motorola where the radio is never unlocked, & wide band only happens if the programming computer has the EID.

Status
Not open for further replies.