Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I bought 2 of these Antenna's:

Digital Antenna (BNC) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Around the time of this post:

http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...rand-new-mag-mount-antennas-3-30-shipped.html

Been using one for years with a RS-2096/197. I found it very comparable to the RS-800 antenna.

When searching for better antenna for my HP-1, I found the second one I bought, and have been using it for a month now.

I think this antenna is fantastic, I have had great results using it indoors on a metal surface, and it looks like it is still available for even less, amazing!

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
No difference at all, its made for the band not the modulation type

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

DickH

No difference at all, its made for the band not the modulation type

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

And all this time I thought there were HD antennas, Color TV antennas, FM antennas, etc. - DUH!

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Based on the pictures linked in the OP, it looks like a mobile Wi-Fi antenna. Might do okay on the 800MHz band, but probably not so good on VHF high or UHF.

Also, any benefit you get from having an external antenna might be offset by the small diameter coax cable and the associated signal losses.

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone disassembled one of these antennas and taken a look at the coax? I have a few of the other magmounts DX sells that don't have a coil in the middle and have seen audio cable with better shielding than the stuff these antennas use. Of course, for the price it's pretty hard to complain...

Status
Not open for further replies.