Dearborn/Detroit MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xray

What scanner would I need to monitor these cities, would the HP 1 do ? Brands or pricing not really a consideration.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
hp1 has been discontinued a few years., HP2 is current and phase II capable as all the current Unidens are. Dont get a whistler brand, they do lousy in simulcast(multi-tower) areas your in.
Uniden only way to go in your situation and all are phase II capable. When we have met at the airshows I have the discontinued 396XT and decoded the 911 fine.
See - WS1040/WS1065 vs Simulcast 800

Unidens lowest - highest $: 325P2(one thats like what I have) , hp2, 436hp, sds100 are the portables since Im sure what you want.
325p2 has to programmed, I find they are better for someone like I who wants to put program them myself and easily able to input any frequencies you want and I have one of the 100 available quickkey(bank) for airshows :) , the other two have sd cards and you input your zipcode to program them. Every so often even then just like 325p2 the 436, hp2, sds 100 need to be updated with a windows pc running sentinel to update the database in it and any firmware updates from Uniden.

Xray

Thanks for the tips, I have an HP1 thats why Im asking about it. Airshows really not a factor, I'll have dedicated [cheaper] scanners for that, I used the HP1 at ypsi a couple weeks back, did real well though not exactly a joy to program. Didn't plan on using it but my trusty old 2006 flaked out the day before the show and the HP1 was rushed into service.
So I'll end up getting the best base scanner I can get for public safety monitoring, apparently hp1 will do for now but I think I'll need to update database, haven't done that in years.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I recall you were having a problematic scanner a couple years ago. Far as the desktops - Unidens lowest to highest-
996P2, HP2, 536HP, SDS200. I just find for me anyways its easy to program by hand the 325p2-996p2's.

Xray

This is the rig I used this year, sounded great hooked up to the Ion speaker and lased all day long - Also had a 125AT for use on the go and searching for new freqs. Couldn't really see the screen outdoors and impossible to program on the fly about my only complaints

I think for next year I wll get a BCT15X just for airshows.

Attachments

• IMG_4195.jpg
    IMG_4195.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.