• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Death penalty debate rekindles in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
Oh you are going to start some crap with this one ;) I will start by saying that I am not for capital punishment just for the reason of the people that are put to death when they were proven innocent after the fact (it happens more then people think). Also its an awful easy way out for the scum that does commit these horrible crimes.

rpowley

"I live in Texas, and they are trying to pass a law that if more than three credible witnesses see you commit a murder...... Jack, you go right to the front of the line. Other states are talking about getting rid of the death penalty.......My state is putting in an express lane." - Ron White -

MacombMonitor

Dubbin said:
Oh you are going to start some crap with this one ;) I will start by saying that I am not for capital punishment just for the reason of the people that are put to death when they were proven innocent after the fact (it happens more then people think). Also its an awful easy way out for the scum that does commit these horrible crimes.
I agree, greater steps need to be taken to be 100% positive that the action is justified. There are some cases where the evidence is overwhelming, and without doubt, or the possibility of error. I would say in the case of repeat offenders that were found guilty, spent time in prison, were released on parole, and committed the same, or similar heinous crime, should be put to death without question.

MacombMonitor

I really don't care if a guy gets a life sentence, or the death penalty, so long as the guy getting the life sentence does not get paroled at a later date. However, I do care that my tax dollars go toward this guy living a life style they're not worthy of!

I think prisons should be 100% self sufficient! They should use the prison population as a labor force to grow their own food, manufacture their own consumables, generate their own electricity, etc. They could even sell products to earn revenue to pay the salaries of the guards, and general overhead. Why should a prisoner be able to play basket ball, watch TV, and surf the Internet while you have to work all day to support their life style?

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
MacombMonitor said:
However, I do care that my tax dollars go toward this guy living a life style they're not worthy of!
The sad thing about that is we cant do a damn thing about it.

MacombMonitor

seamusg said:
It's been debated many times, but when it comes to voting it never passes.
I agree, but times are changing. I think the vicious torture, and murders of the young couple in New Baltimore, MI., by Patrick Selepak would be a place to start. Not only is the evidence more than adequate, he has pleaded guilty, and given a full confession. Selepak was already in custody prior to committing these crimes...and was accidentally released, which allowed him to commit these murders! What if that were to happen again?

I think people are starting to wake up! I know there are those whose personal beliefs can not come to grips with killing another person regardless of what crimes they have committed. I respect that, but I don't understand them. I wonder how they come to grips with the loss of a loved one that could have been prevented?

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
MacombMonitor said:
Selepak was already in custody prior to committing these crimes...and was accidentally released, which allowed him to commit these murders!
Sounds to me like the person who released him should also be charged.

MacombMonitor

Dubbin said:
Sounds to me like the person who released him should also be charged.
There were several involved in the release process, and there are some serious consequences coming their way.

seamusg

MacombMonitor said:
There were several involved in the release process, and there are some serious consequences coming their way.
One of them were caught by a local television doing everything except their job, including being in a bar while working.

maalox

hi i think the person should suffer in a jail cell like supermax 23 hours a day. i would not even give him the hour. death penalty is a way out. no cable tv just him a bed toilet thats it. ps this is going to some debate.

SLWilson

Convicted....

MacombMonitor said:
If any state needs the death penalty, it's Michigan! God I hope they get it!

Death penalty debate rekindles in Michigan

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MI_XGR_DEATH_PENALTY_MIOL-?SITE=MIPON&SECTION=STATE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
I say, if they're convicted (and the cops, procesutor, judge etc aren't corrupt) and the evidence supports the conviction (and it isn't trumpped up by the establishment)....KILL 'EM ALL and let GOD sort thrm out !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.