Debating on HomePatrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
I have seen several posts about the homepatrol having bad audio or the speaker going out. I have been offered to buy this unit like new for $350, but I am hesitant because of some of the reviews. I also would be using the stock antenna that comes with it. Thoughts? Suggestions?

lindsay34654

I like you was up in the air about buying one, but once I did I removed my 996 xt from my car and replaced it with the HP-1. All scanners have quirks in them so does the HP but if you do any travel even just going to work it is a great radio. you might want to get the extreme with it you cannot go wrong

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Heck, for $350 I'd buy it! That's a great deal!

OK, I'll bid $375 LOL.

The audio on mine is great. Very loud with out any additional amp or speakers. In the car, I rarely need to turn it up past half-way.

cacherjoe

Go for it..... I love my HP-1 especially while in the vehicle. It's easy to operate and adjust while mobile. The programming is easy, but still gives you the flexibility to add your own frequencies.

There is some debate over whether the extreme update is worth the money. In my opinion it is and I enjoy the extra it gives me, but it's a great scanner without it.

J

jscurtis

Premium Subscriber
I simply ran the audio out through my soundcard on the PC... in the car it doesn't matter so much. I have the "EE" - and it was completely worth it, until I realized I could have done it all myself - with my eyes closed.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Its probably a good idea to get as many opinions as possible on the HP. I for one, love mine, the audio is fine, better thasn I thought and better than my previous scanners (396T). I dont regret buying it at all.

I would be more flexible with an antenna choice, the stock antenna is ok for 800 mg systems but poor below that IMO. I use mag mounts for my car and an all band antenna in my apartment and it gives me a great deal more range,

Status
Not open for further replies.