Dec?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The link you posted is to a Trunked Radio System (TRS). To learn mor about trunking, check this out.

About 1/2 way down the page on the far left side of the table there are the letters DEC and MODE what do these two things mean?
When mode = A, it means the audio is Analog. When mode = D, it means the audio is digital. When mode = E, it means the audio is Encrypted. Encrypted audio can not be received by any scanner (because of laws prohibiting it).

The DEC column indicate the TALKGROUP (TG). This is essentially a "channel" on the TRS. It works like an old phone PBX system. A lot of users share a small number of frequencies. Users are identified by User IDs, and the channels they are on are called TGs. These are typically programmed into your scanner. The exact method of how they are programmed is dictated by the exact scanner you have.

Rileybaxter

Thanks, I have a radioshack Pro-94 scanner..

When entering a trunked frequency do I have to enter all the frequencies including the control freq.?

mciupa

Thanks, I have a radioshack Pro-94 scanner..

When entering a trunked frequency do I have to enter all the frequencies including the control freq.?

Yes, for your Pro-94 you must enter all freq.'s.

I had a look at the Leon's Radio link you posted and it is an LTR system that a Pro 94 won't trunktrack. :(
Sure, you can listen in, but the talkgroups will not appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.