• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Decent battery for XTS3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarky

Can someone please recommend a decent battery for the XTS-3000, without breaking the bank? In addition, is there a good vendor to use? Thank you in advance.

cmdrwill

Depends on which charger you have. I like the Li batteries.

Imax_expert 4200mAh Lithium NTN9862D Battery for MOTOROLA XTS5000.

WB9YBM

Can someone please recommend a decent battery for the XTS-3000, without breaking the bank? In addition, is there a good vendor to use? Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure how widespread the chain is, but around here there's a chain called "Batteries Plus" that I've had good luck with...

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

Maybe not 'break the bank', but might put a dent in it. Power products makes good stuff.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
A great company I've bought batteries from everything from MT1000 to jedis, XTS is Hitech USA on ebay 35 bucks for 4000mah li-ion - "Hitech USA(Japan 4A TOP) For Motorola XTS" Their pictures are crap and not always correct, I knows its counterintuitive but the quaility of the product is excellent and has a 1 yr warranty If your stuck I'd give them a shot. the manufacturing is better than any chinese battery Ive bought. They use japanese cells and assembled in taiwan which may not mean much but I havent had problems
and honestly, anything more expensive than that I'd buy the real deal Impres and Ive bought used Impres batteries before but the seller showed it was good on an Impres battery data reader. I have one myself and if the seller has a return policy you can find out yourself on unsure batteries, if you have the data reader

Last edited:

mbnv992

IMAX makes some fantastic aftermarket batteries that fit most Motorola portables almost as good as OEM.
Power Products is another good one.
EBL is the brand I use for all my Jedi batteries.

WB9YBM

They are an Ebay seller

Hadn't realized that; we've gone there in person, and one service I like is that they'll tell you to bring the equipment along to make sure the replacement fits. Not sure if they do it all the time; at least for my lap-top & scanner they did...

Status
Not open for further replies.