Decent Leather cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanrrman

Does anyone know where to purchase a nice leather case for a BCD396T? I've seen the ones at scannermaster.com. Are there any other good ones to compare? I would prefer a somewhat heavy duty case but I also want it look decent. Will the keypads tend to wear more in a case or not? Does the audio still come strong through those small little holes? What kind of case do you have or prefer? Thanks, fellas.

ems170

Feed Provider
I have the one from scanner master. It is a very good case. It is just about the same quality as a motorola radio case, with the thick heavy duty leather. It is also made so you access all the buttons on the radio without removing it. I have not noticed any change or degredation of the sound. I also feel the key pad and screen is much more protected in the case. Both are recessed when in the case so if the radio falls or slides across something you dont have to worry about scratches.

scanrrman

Looking at the pictures of it, are those clear plastic screens sewed onto the front of the case?

ems170

Feed Provider
my bad I got mine from scanner world, I looked when I got home. I checked out the one from scanner master vs world online and the one from scanner master does not seem to be made from the same heavy duty leather like the one from scanner world. The one from scanner world however does not have the windows you speak of.

bobmich52

I have The One From Scannermaster For My 396T.

Windows For Screen & Keypad are Plastic, But Functional.

The Leather, While It Ain't Kevlar, I Feel Is Adequate, It will Take A Few Droppings without Damage. The Radio fits Very Snug In It, It ain't gonna Fall Out On It's Own.

Audio Is No Problem With Mine

Fav Feature Is The Swivel Belt Clip, Very Sturdy & Secure.

For About $ 29.00 Or So, I feel It Is Good Deal.

You Get what You Pay for, Their Is No way I Would Go With The Nylon Case, Too Cheap & Chintzy. Spend The Extra 10 Bucks For The Leather.

Off topic, But Realitive To The 396T.

The Dc Cigarette Power/Charger Cords Are Availible From Scannerworld In Albany.

No Backorder as of 9/7

$12.99 + Shipping.

Uniden Is Charging $19.99 + Shipping

Mine's Is On The Way!

Last edited:

scanrrman

I didn't see a 396 specific case, just the 246 case. Is it the same size, shape as the 396?

At scannerworld.com

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
scanrrman said:
I didn't see a 396 specific case, just the 246 case. Is it the same size, shape as the 396?

At scannerworld.com
The 246 is much smaller than the 396.

KE7TJK

I have the heavy leather case for my BR-330T. Same case fits the BC-396.

I bought mine from Scannerworld, and it is the same exact case that Scannermaster sells.

I bought the case for my Pro-97 from Scannermaster, and it has the exact same swivel, the same heavy leather, and the same manufacturers mark.

Both of my cases don't have any plastic windows on them; wasn't an option at Scanner World, but it was at Scannermaster.

And I agree; leather thickness and the case quality is equal to Motorola OEM cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.